PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man's Curve

stevehaberland
01-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Bowling on the Kegel sport level condition Dead Man's Curve this weekend for College. Never bowled on it before any advice I can get would be much appreciated.

Current equipment:
VG Nano solid
Anarchy
Invasion
Victory Road Pearl
Mars
Ice (spare)

Stir_Crazy
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Its amazing that you bowl competitively for a college and you are concerned about Dead Man's Curve. My grandmother who bowls in our Sunday church league shot a 226 scratch on this kegel condition. Please let me know where I could attend your college! I also would like to bowl my way towards an education! That is wonderful and amazing!! Thank you very much for your post; I am very inspired now.

Aloha:cool:

littlelegs
01-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I'll no doubt be corrected if wrong but I believe a more inside line is usually called for on that pattern. Pretty sure it's name comes from the fact that if the ball goes too far out there's a good chance it's not gonna come back. Last time I watched anyone playing on it a lot of straighter balls between 2nd and 3rd arrows seem to be favored.

littlelegs
01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Hmmm...I googled.....

"DEAD MAN'S CURVE - 3043 This 43 foot pattern has more out of bounds than most patterns because of the increased application of conditioner on the forward pass. With a slight increase slope of oil from the tenth board to the fourteenth board on the return pass, the goal of the player is to target along those boards of extra conditioner without swinging the ball too much towards the outside part of the lane. Players who try to excessively curve the ball with too much speed will find DEAD MAN'S CURVE hazardous to their score."

Which pretty much seems to back up the first post. I'm sure though that if anyone's bowled in it a lot though they'll pop in and give better advice.

got_a_300
01-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Yes the Dead Man's Curve is a tight inside line shot to say the least about the 8th board out
is pretty much in No Man's Land and if you get out there around the 5th or 6th boards look out
for the Washouts if it evens make it back anywhere even close to the pocket.

@stevehaberland I would suggest using the VG Nano solid or maybe the Anarchy and play a tight
line somewhere around between the 3rd arrow and 4th arrow and try and not let it get out past
the 2nd arrow if at all possible.

littlelegs
01-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I know PBA experience leagues exist (we usually have one locally during the summer), but it'd be nice to play a league on rotating oil patterns to get experience on the different varieties. OK....my bowling still needs some work on a steady pattern let alone varieties but even so, it'd be fun and for those who travel to tourneys invaluable experience. I've not heard of anyone doing it though.

billf
03-27-2012, 01:06 PM
try this link to the Kegel oil patterns
http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/default.asp