PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Thrash Ball Review

Mappa
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
The Thrash is a great even rolling, medium hook ball from MOTIV. I really like the Thrash when I need to play the lanes a little straighter on fresh oil. On a house shot it helps even out the "over/under" reaction from side to side. On fresh sport patterns this ball works great when the back ends are really clean, and I need a controlled ball path.

Here is a link to my Thrash ball Reaction video on a medium/light volume house shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvN2DaT-XI

I drilled this one 50* x 5" x 70* which resulted in the pin just below my ring finger. I used the box finish. This ball has about the same over-all hook as my Sigma Tour, but the Thrash has a more arcing path to the pocket.

The greatest asset for this ball is that it is not jumpy – very smooth off the friction, and it keeps the pins real low. I feel like I carry more high pocket hits with the Thrash – the kind of hits that leave 4 pins with other equipment.

The Thrash is now the first ball out of my bag on most patterns. It gives me a solid, dependable start to my league or tournament session.

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff