PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Tipple?

littlelegs
01-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm sitting here finishing off a bottle of Beaujolais and watching the wife play Skyrim and it made me wonder what others drink. They (no idea who they are) say you can tell a lot by what people drink.

<disclaimerforminors> Booze is bad m'kay? You'll get zits on your nose if you even look at it</disclaimerforminors>

I drink wine every so often - usually red and not toooo heavy.

Beer - Bud when thirsty and/or when league bowling sometimes. Good British ales when I can get them otherwise (a clue to where I was born/raised :p).

Hard liquor - usually vodka with something. Else cocktails (very girly but pfft) or very expensive cognac (can't stand anything under $150 a bottle so rarely get to drink it).

So...what are you favorite tipples?

got_a_300
01-08-2012, 06:45 PM
About the hardest thing I drink now days is Dr Pepper or Coke-Cola or the hardest drink of
them all the coffee at the bowling alley. :eek: Back in my younger days though before I quit
drinking I used to drink a lot of Rum & coke mixed drinks or Tequila shots straight no salt no
lemon/lime and sometimes a few beer's every once in a while.

bdpeters
01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Just give me a good ol George Killian's now and then.

The Mayor
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Soco and PBR and I'm set.

Grimthrow
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I make my own mead. http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww225/crimcrashky/zzzzzzmead2.jpg

If I'm not drinking that then I'm drinking whiskey. Gentleman Jack is my favorite but I'll take regular JD just as well.

littlelegs
01-10-2012, 08:18 AM
I keep wanting to have a go at brewing my own beer and wine (mead sounds fine to try too though). One of those things I keep putting off.

I should also add I drink nowhere near as much as I used to. A beer when bowling is about my limit these days although now and again I'll drink a little too much wine of an evening.

bdpeters
01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Im with you on brewin your own. I have a friend who does that and he comes up with some interesting tastes.

Grimthrow
01-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Mead is the most fun to make because it's extremely easy and there is so many different things you can do to it. Plus it's very easy to increase or decrease the alcohol %. More honey in the fermenting stage equals more alcohol. Making your own beer is a major pain in the *** in my opinion.

It suprises me that mead isn't a more popular drink today. I brought a couple bottles of mead to a wine party last weekend and they were empty in under 15 minutes. Everybody wanted seconds.

littlelegs
01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I may have to look into it some more. It's been so many years since I last tasted me I've no idea now if I liked it or not. I'm presuming I did.

The Mayor
01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
I may have to look into it some more. It's been so many years since I last tasted me I've no idea now if I liked it or not. I'm presuming I did.

You haven't tasted yourself in that long?! lol :p

littlelegs
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
You haven't tasted yourself in that long?! lol :p

Oops. That was one of my better typos. I won't get edit it as it's funnier this way.

got_a_300
01-21-2012, 04:45 PM
It's been so many years since I last tasted me I've no idea now if I liked it or not. I'm presuming I did.

LOL!!!!! love that as it made my day gave me a good laugh. :D :D

Sal
01-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I brew my own beer. If not drinking homebrew......I drink a Corona just because it taste totally different than anything I create.

Stormed1
01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
When i do drink it's VO & coke or a Mikes Hard Lemonade

o0 DraastiK
02-12-2012, 05:47 PM
At league I usually just drink Blue Moon. Probably my favorite beers. My friend is pretty much a beer aficionado and NEVER drinks light beers so that's why I got introduced.

I rarely drink, but BM has to bee my drink of choice :D

striker12
02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
the thing i drink anywhere is coka-cola with a shot a crown royal in it i have 1 glass befor i go bowling soo i can focus on my game i have had 1 time had 6 befor bowling and could not throw the ball soo im sticking to 1 and i have been doing alright but then if i go to a turnny the night befor i get into me 4 glasses so some will carry with me the next day soo i dont have to drink and get in **** soo coka-cola and crown royal is all i ever drink