PDA

View Full Version : Question for bowling alley owners

Galley
01-09-2012, 01:11 AM
8 am trying to find out how much it costs to oil a bowling lane. Also is it customary to charge additional to oil a bowling lane?

If so how much do you charge?

Thank you for any info...

DanielMareina
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
It costs just a few bucks to oil a pair of lanes. Most the time we don't oil a specific pair for people, but some of the tournament bowlers will have me oil a sport pattern out. I charge about $10 bucks a pair for that. Most centers probably won't do that though.

littlelegs
01-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Most the time we don't oil a specific pair for people, but some of the tournament bowlers will have me oil a sport pattern out. I charge about $10 bucks a pair for that. Most centers probably won't do that though.

Which is a huge shame as sport pattern leagues can be hard to find and many would love to experience sport patterns and/or practice on them. Nice to see someone who will do that.

Paralipsis
01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
If I let my league house's general manager and pro shop owner know far enough in advance, he'll oil a pair for free. Which is damn nice. I feel bad because I sort of "abused" it, I guess. I got to experience all of the pro shots, the 2010 Nationals, and I think the Tournament of Champions pattern (it was either that, or a re-run of the Chameleon). It's amazing to the see the science in regards to the machines and the way they work. Not to mention, they are fun to ride. Yes, I am one of those idiots dumb enough to ride a lane machine. We were getting rid of our old...Phoenix lane machine (I think it was a Phoenix...it was original to the center...1995) and we all took our turns. It served the center for 16 years. RIP. Lol.

billf
03-23-2012, 10:50 PM
The owner's son can get any pattern at any time (perks of family) but the rest of us are not so lucky. I just keep hoping that there is enough oil on league night but usually there isn't

Juice
04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
We have three high school teams that bowl out of our center. One coach wanted his team to practice more than the schedule, and he asked how much it would be to run the lanes for the extra practices. After some quick calculations, in material alone, it costs about $.60 -$.70 per lane. Standard house shot, couple inches in duster cloth, oil and stripper.