The Bowler:
Ball speed = 17
Rev Rate = 400
PAP = 5 ¾, 3/8 up

The Ball: Motiv Thrash
Layout = 80x1x0
Axis Migration with layout = about 2 inches
Surface = 1000 light polish

The Motiv Thrash can be described in three words, smooth, smooth, smooth.
* Smooth and easy through the heads.
* Smooth read in the mid lane.
* Smooth, controlled backend.
I found the Thrash to have the same total hook as a Primal Impulse using the same layouts, but the Impulse having a much later mid lane read and sharper breakpoint. The Thrash seems to shine on medium oil conditions as a benchmark ball or when you need a smoother and more controlled backend reaction. This ball reminds me of the original SX1 and TX1 in how smooth it reads friction but still has a hard hitting roll into the pins. Weaker layouts with the Thrash seem to work great for going up the boards on medium and slightly heavy oil patterns without giving away the pocket or sacrificing hitting power. I also found that when the shot burns up I can immediately go to my QZ2 that has the same layout and have the same reaction. I did use this on some lighter sport shots but I found it to be a bit too much for my rev rate, but strokers should love the controlled reaction on the shorter patterns. I did love the reaction I had on the other patterns and was able to tame some of the more demanding PBA major patterns.

In short if you need a medium oil, smooth reacting ball and love the Quadfire core you’ll love adding this to your bag.

Michael Mambourg
Motiv Staff

www.Motivbowling.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFYaV2P1Wo&list=UUU4SK1L3JFDcJH87Q0orgIw&index=2&feature=plcp