PDA

View Full Version : I bowled my highest game ever

angel
01-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Hi all I bowled my highest game ever the other day I had a 168 which is a great game
for me as I'm still trying to learn. My fiancé got_a_300 has bought me two new balls he
got me a purple and black slingshot as a late Christmas present and the bowling supply
place that our center gets its stuff from is having a clearance sale on some of the older
discontinued bowling balls and he bought me Hammer Vibe Onyx are those two balls any
good he says they will make a big difference in my game if I can learn to throw them.

He will have to get both of them drilled one of these days so I can start using them but
he says I need to wait until I get a little bit better and start scoring games like the score
above or a little bit higher about every game before I try using the new balls do you think
he is correct in telling me to wait a while until I get better.

T-road2011
01-25-2012, 03:08 AM
congratulation ... I hope i can bowled with highest score also

bdpeters
01-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi Angel. congrats on your high score. I am a novice so I don't think I can comment on your questions but from seeing your fianc'e posts I think he has alot of good info.

Bri

The Mayor
01-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Angel,

Yes, these bowling balls will greatly help your game. What are you throwing now? Was the ball fit for your hand?

These will give you a nice 1-2 punch!

glen290
01-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Congratulations, always good to hear of a new PB, the slingshot is a great beginners ball, i use mine for dry conditions and its fantastic

angel
01-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi Angel,

Yes, these bowling balls will greatly help your game. What are you throwing now? Was the ball fit for your hand?

These will give you a nice 1-2 punch!

Hi again
The ball that I'm using right now is a 9 lb T Zone pink bliss and both of the new
ball are 10 lbs each. Yes my hand was measured and the ball was drilled just to
fit me but the thumb hole still feels a little bit big.

I still drop the ball onto the lane sometimes and it doesn't go where I want it to
so he has put some tape in the thumb hole and now he has added something that
he called magic carpet or something like that in the backside of my thumb and it has
helped me some.

bjeffe1234
01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Congratulations on the new high game! The new balls will definitely make a difference in your game going forward. While you are waiting on them to get drilled, focus on technique and hitting marks on the lane consistently. I'm sure your fiance is helping with that. He seems to know quite a bit about the sport. I have gained a lot of knowledge from bowlers that have been around for a while.

briar_fan
01-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Congrats Angel on your high game! I hope many more come your way!

Scotty
02-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Congrats on the high game...my bowling buddies often make fun of me because as I walk through the hallways at work I make an arm motion as if I am rolling a ball. I don't see the harm in rolling something a bit stronger...however, I'm just in it for fun...but no matter if it is bowling or anything else...the woman is always right...do go get that ball drilled! You go girl!

striker12
02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
hey congrates i have been like that all year long have not had any good games for awhile othe rthen 3 weeks agos a 224 but i have shot over 200 plenty of times but this year i think there putting water in the oil soo its much harder for me

o0 DraastiK
02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Congrats! I know what it feels like to bowl a high game. I just started bowling with my girlfriend maybe 3 months ago or so. My highest game is a 214 :D. My average starting my league was a 114, so far my average went up 51 pins. :D

striker12
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
nice job again i just set my self a new high game today in leauge shot another 224 the first game and then in my second got a 232

i hope too see you post more of your high 200 games

11 in a row
04-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi all I bowled my highest game ever the other day I had a 168 which is a great game
for me as I'm still trying to learn. My fiancé got_a_300 has bought me two new balls he
got me a purple and black slingshot as a late Christmas present and the bowling supply
place that our center gets its stuff from is having a clearance sale on some of the older
discontinued bowling balls and he bought me Hammer Vibe Onyx are those two balls any
good he says they will make a big difference in my game if I can learn to throw them.

He will have to get both of them drilled one of these days so I can start using them but
he says I need to wait until I get a little bit better and start scoring games like the score
above or a little bit higher about every game before I try using the new balls do you think
he is correct in telling me to wait a while until I get better.

congrats and stay with it ...

Hampe
04-13-2012, 02:51 AM
my bowling buddies often make fun of me because as I walk through the hallways at work I make an arm motion as if I am rolling a ball. Haha....same here. The "hallways" between the cubicles are about the same width as a bowling lane, I just can't help myself :)

Timmytomma
04-13-2012, 08:13 AM
I act like I'm rolling a ball pretty much everywhere...I've become totally obsessed.