Type (THS, Sport Pattern etc): THS

BALL REACTION (1 to 10 Scale) 10 highest/most
Length: 5
Back End: 6
Overall Hook: 6
Midlane Read: 9
Breakpoint Shape: 5

COMMENTS
Likes: I went with a very high VAL angle of 75 on my Thrash looking for a smooth breakpoint and a ball that would read the oil early like intended with the solid cover on MOTIV's proven Quadfire core. I have to say I am very pleased with the ball reaction I am getting with my Thrash. I drilled this with the intention of using it on fresh heavy oil shots that I could play a controlled breakpoint with and it has performed beautifully. The best part, however, is I can still use this ball when the oil breaks down. In past experiences for myself on balls that are drilled to read early once the oil starts to breakdown especially in the front-mid part of the lane the energy will burn up to quick and I'll get roll out. To my surprise with the new Thrash I can continue to move in with the shot and get a STRONG continuous backend motion even when the mid lane dries out. This is another great MOTIV ball that does a great job of blending the oil pattern and giving me the hitting power I need. If your looking for a smooth consistent strong roll with a straighter attack I would definitely recommend this ball.

Dislikes: Not really a dislike but I did have to play with the surface a little bit to get the best desired reaction for my game. My favorite has been 1000 grit with a polish using MOTIV's power gel polish.

Mike Yost
MOTIV Staff