PDA

View Full Version : New Bowler, New Member

Linsolv
01-27-2012, 07:15 PM
I just started bowling a few weeks ago. I'd say "just started bowling seriously," but honestly I didn't bowl at all before that (a few times over the course of years, but no more than once a year). Bought a ball that just arrived a few days ago.

I'm 21, in my 3rd semester at a local college.

My average right now is give-or-take 90, but it's climbing ever so slowly. Last week I bowled a 139. I had to call someone when I walked out of the bowling alley, because I was really proud of myself. :)

got_a_300
01-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Welcome to the forums Linsolv,
keep up the good work and you'll get better.

momo670
01-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Hello I've been bowling since 2003 and have done fairly okay. When I first bowled in Oregon I was averaging about 170 with a high score of 250 in a USBC sanctioned league. I've tried hitting a perfect 300 game in a practice game but that was also nerve racking. I've broken a six hundred series quite a few times. Now I bowl in the Northern Mariana Islands and I just recently got back after a three year absence. I don't bowl as much as before due to family and work responsibilities. I'm still getting my rythm back but I've done pretty well in the past couple of weeks.

bdpeters
01-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the forum folks. great bunch of folks here to learn from.

Bri

The Mayor
01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the site! Keep practicing and 139 will soon be at the bottom end of your games! :)

briar_fan
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Linsolv, good job on the game! That is great! Keep your head down and do well.

Momo, I have the same story except mine started in 1991. I took almost 8 years off and came back. Good luck!

Ray

Linsolv
01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Went out for my twice-weekly class (basically 7 weeks of just bowling 3 games, twice a week) today and bowled a 118, 91, 125 series. Which is only 2 pins behind the series where I bowled my 139.

It was weird cause I was mad as a hornet through most of the first and second games. I couldn't seem to settle in all through the first--got myself psyched out about sliding on my 5th step while we were waiting for them to turn the lanes on--and then in the second game I had a ton of hits I thought were clean in the pocket, but left either the 7 or the 2 pin standing after the break. :( Then I looked up and I was the highest score on my pair of lanes and I was honestly surprised.

EDIT: To avoid the double post, I actually did even better this time. 118, 141, 87 series, which makes it my highest series and my best individual game to date. I probably should've done better in the 2nd game, but I blew the 10th frame when I realized I was on track to make my new personal best if I hit more than one pin. Then I hit three and was in such a good mood I just threw the ball totally hap-hazardly.