PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jan 30, 2012 to Feb 05, 2012 - Roto Grip Defiant

BowlingBoards.com
01-30-2012, 12:02 AM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Defiant for a random poster from Jan 30, 2012 through Feb 05, 2012.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

aed2784
02-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I was just recently given the Virtual Gravity by a friend. I have been using the 2Fast and it has been working well. I know that the Gravity has a better back end reaction and is used for heavy oil. I needed a ball like this for sport shots and tournaments because of the different patterns. I am a little unsure of how to use this ball though. Any tips?

striker12
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
well its hard to tell anyone about any tips on how to throw a ball cause that person wont know how u bowl but heres one little tip thats works good for me when u get any ball dose not matter which one it is dont try to shoot your normal line first start at the 5 board and move left 2 boards on every throw till u get a strike and when u do get a strike try that line again 2 mroe times and see how many strikes u get but also if that line is the best memories it soo u are able to shoot it again but then keep moving left try different lines to maby find a line better then that one but when u get to thye 10 board keep moving left but open up the lane soo in stead of going stregth upyou will be crossing boards use these tips and u will beable to find the line for any bowling balls and remember only 2 board move every time but also forgot to mention ifyour a lefty move right righy move left

aed2784
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks striker. I started playing the 8 board and throwing straight through 1st and 2nd arrow. I have since tried out different angles to help improve my game. This is the only reason I accepted the VG because I learned a new shot that works better with that ball. I throw on the harder side and it is difficult to get the 2Fast to do what I want it to without slowing down ball speed. When I do that, I tend to pull the ball or flare it a lot. I will try what you suggested when I get the ball re-sized. Thanks!

Trex
02-03-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm in...

I need one bad, really bad!!! :)

chrono00
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
a free ball is always good. I just got a 2nd ball. storm frantic. Haven't had the chance to test it out yet though. maybe a 3rd ball too? lol

tracy
02-03-2012, 06:49 PM
being on ss and a pension, that sure would come in real nice. i would love a new ball right about now too.

Special_K
02-04-2012, 10:52 PM
i like anything free maybe give it to my wife for her first performance ball

HunterRunsIt
02-05-2012, 09:31 AM
It might be a little too much for a first performance ball! The Defiant is a monster!

DaveAyotte
02-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Has there been announcement of who the winner is yet? I've been eagerly awaiting. I was heart broke after the superbowl last night, and this would sure be a nice pick-me-up.

HunterRunsIt
02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Same here Dave.

aed2784
02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure. Where would they post it? Would they email you?

DaveAyotte
02-06-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure they email the winner, and wait for a response before announcing.

JerseyJim
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Has there been announcement of who the winner is yet? I've been eagerly awaiting. I was heart broke after the superbowl last night, and this would sure be a nice pick-me-up.

Pobrecito :D

Not quite as grand as the 18 wins and 1 Giant loss in 2007, but I'll take it.

DaveAyotte
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
HA! I don't need your pity. Giants played well, and obviously the Pats didn't want it bad enough, otherwise they would have played like they were actually in the super bowl. So, enjoy it - they deserve it. Now I just have to wait a few more weeks until the NASCAR season starts ;)

BowlingBoards.com
02-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Congratulations to walk401 for winning the Roto Grip Defiant.

Special_K
02-14-2012, 02:10 AM
walk401 congrats on winning the ball

x-mantwohand
03-05-2012, 01:32 AM
i heard that the defiant is pretty good ball