PDA

View Full Version : What Ball Should I use to tackle this disaster?

Mykenk
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
My Thursday house has an extremely walled up shot, which isn't a bad thing, in and of itself, it's just one particular teammate that turns this typical house shot into a nightmare for myself and another righty on our team.

He's using a heavily sanded Scorching Inferno, throwing what is essentially a straight ball, between 1.5th arrow and 3.5th arrow (accuracy isn't his specialty). He's picking up every molecule of oil off the heads and dropping it right where my shot should be making its move to the pocket.

So, by the middle of the first game, I've got absolutely nothing. Playing way outside never makes it back, and playing inside just coasts and washes out. Typically given wet dry I'd ball way down and play way outside, but the way these are breaking down, it doesn't seem like that's ever going to work, my ball hooks the second it hits the lane when I try to lay it down outside of 2nd arrow.

I guess my last ditch option, which I'm going to give a shot this week, is to loft the ball and do what I can to take the heads out of play. It's probably my least consistent transition, but, at this point, I'm willing to try anything.

Since the house switched to this pattern, I'm averaging 225 on weeks where this guy isn't there, and around 160 when he is.

Help!

Special_K
02-01-2012, 01:08 AM
practice different approaches and techniques to avoid his oil tracks

The Mayor
02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I'd get a new teammate! lol

I was going to suggest lofting the ball, but you figured that out on your own. The ball can't hook when it's in the air!