PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs for bowling tonight

o0 DraastiK
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Well I'll start by saying that I received my Brunswick Wicked Siege, looks amazing!

I'll start with the downs.
1. I took the ball to get drilled at the house I have my league. The guy said it would be about a half hour. So I wait, and he comes and grabs me, and says he messed up.....WHAT?! Basically what happened is 3 other people were getting their balls drilled so he accidently grabbed the wrong slip and dripped my thumb hole 3/4 of an inch too high :(. I can't really get mad at him because he's managing the pro shop as well as taking care of all the customers for open bowling. He said he's NEVER done that before and he feels so bad that it happened with my brand new ball. :(

2. My girlfriend didn't bowl over a 97 tonight. It killed her, she was getting really frustrated to the point where she told me to go F*** myself(mad me all sad and stuff). But she apologized. I told her what helps me, is watching PBA bowling matches on youtube.

3. The sub for our team with a 220 avg, didn't bowl higher than a 170

UPS! WOOHOO!
1. Bowled my first 400 series (major acomplisment for me since I started bowling a few months ago)
2. My average last week was a 114, this week it went up to a 137. I feel like I'm bowling consistantly.
3. struck out the entier 10th frame :D
3. Got some lessons from the pro shop manager :D
4. Since the pro shop manager screwed up, he's not charging me for drilling the ball, it would have been $40 + $9 for the inserts (I use fingertip), I told him it wasn't necessary, and he said please, I feel bad enough already. I'm grateful, so I may give him $20 for himself for being awesome about it.

all in all a decent night. Lanes were EXTREMELY dry. I had to switch from a reactive resin ball to a plastic and HOPE it hooked...

bowl1820
02-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Have to ask 3/4" is pretty far off mark, how did he fix it?

The Mayor
02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I got the assumption that he left it as is and just didn't charge for the service. If that's the case, he needs to replace the ball. 1" is normally close to the difference between someone's conventional and fingertip spans. If your span is 3/4" off, that's A LOT!!

At the very least, he should fix the span at no charge to you. We all make mistakes and that's totally understandable. However, you spent your hard earned money on a brand new ball. You brought your business to him to have your ball drilled properly for your hand, and that's what you should've gotten. It's his responsibility to stand behind his work and make right on his mistake.

If he did fix the span, then I apologize for assuming. You know what assuming does.

o0 DraastiK
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
He is fixing the span. Plugging the hole and redrilling. He's not charging me for anything because he felt so bad. Not a big deal though, It will be ready tomorrow :).

10-in-the-pit
02-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't give the guy the $20 you are suggesting though. He screwed up and doesn't want to buy you a new ball which is one reason he is not charging you for drilling. If he drilled the span too long at first, then shortened it, I would ask for a new ball. I wouldn't want the plug under my thumb but above the thumb would be alright.

o0 DraastiK
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
the plug is going to be above my thumb. I'm not worried about it. Yes, it sucks that he has to plug a brand new ball, but I will get over it, trust me. The guy still could have charged me to get that fixed ON TOP of drilling. Which would have been $50 + $20.

Also, seeing as he was tending to the customers at the counter for open bowling, as well as working in the pro shop. I'm going to cut him some slack. Tuesdays is dollar beer night, for any beer. Foreign or domestic, draft or bottle. He made a mistake, he didn't do it on purpose. Plus, the ball wasn't even from my money, co-worker gave me a gift certificate.

bowl1820
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Your more generous than most, yes mistakes happen.But trying to drill up three customers balls and run the bowling alley at the same time. That was pretty reckless of him. And he needs to write the customers name and ball type on the drill slip and double check it before he starts. Makes you wonder about the other guys balls that got drilled.

And no he shouldn't try to charge you for him fixing his mistake, if he wants repeat customers. It doesnt matter if you bought the ball or got it as a gift, you the customer came to him expecting him to do a good job, he made the mistake he should make it right. Which he appears to doing.

Another thought what about your fingerhole's? if he used someone else's sheet then they could have the wrong pitches in them!

o0 DraastiK
02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Your more generous than most, yes mistakes happen.But trying to drill up three customers balls and run the bowling alley at the same time. That was pretty reckless of him. And he needs to write the customers name and ball type on the drill slip and double check it before he starts. Makes you wonder about the other guys balls that got drilled.

And no he shouldn't try to charge you for him fixing his mistake, if he wants repeat customers. It doesnt matter if you bought the ball or got it as a gift, you the customer came to him expecting him to do a good job, he made the mistake he should make it right. Which he appears to doing.

Another thought what about your fingerhole's? if he used someone else's sheet then they could have the wrong pitches in them!

Basically what happened was this; I came in to get sized and drilled for this ball (never been sized before). He had two customers ahead of me, so he helped them out before me (obviously). After he was done with them, he sized me. He got to working on my ball right away, so the fingertips are correct. He saw he had another customer at the counter for bowling, so he went and helped them out quick(no big deal). He has another person working with him, but her brain is literally fried due to too many drugs earlier in her life(don't ask me..). He went back to my ball, accidentally looking at someone elses paper by mistake. He went to start working on the thumb, then he realized he made a mistake. It's not that big of a deal. Mistakes happen. I'm not worried about it nor am I upset about it. The fill is being set as we speak and he's going fix it tomorrow. He's a nice guy to me and has helped me in the past along with the rest of my family.

Also, the weight of his father passing away last week probably doesn't help one bit.

Yes, I'm generous. Because it was a mistake, he didn't intentionally do that to me. If that was the case, then I would have flipped.

chrono00
02-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think it's something to flip **** about. i mean i'd be pretty irritated at first, but as long as he's gonna fix the problem and not charge you, it's harldy the end of the world. even the best will mess up sometimes

o0 DraastiK
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
that's why I didn't flip. I was kind of upset at first because he said it was going to be done in 30 min, then I couldn't use it for another two days :(. But all in all it was worth it. I got the ball back a few days ago and MAN this thing is awesome

Brunswick Wicked Siege. First night I got it I shot a 164, 171, and a 180 as well as a few 130's 140's. Last night I hit a 202, 191 and a 214 after a few crappy games before hand. I'd say my average is slowly going up. I started a few months ago.

striker12
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
ik what u mean the same thing happened to me one time i was going to get my hawg drilled up he did the same thing taking care of other people and had to drill up alot that he drilled my ball compleatly wrong but not just once but 2 times i did not care soo when he was doing it for the 3rd time i told himi want to be there to make sure he dose it right but lucky for me i only paid for 1 drilling and i got the ball off my buddy for $50 undrilled

HunterRunsIt
02-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Congratulations on bowling over your average! Hopefully it will keep going up. And good luck with your new ball you seem like a pretty nice guy!

o0 DraastiK
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks! My average went up again this week from the 147 to 165. I just have to learn to throw the ball more consistent and relax a little more.

I also have to remember that everyone has bad nights bowling and not get so upset after bowling a crappy game.

IlsonBowler24
02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I've started to bowl relatively recently, my highest score is a 227 where I didn't miss a pin, I was so proud of myself (celebrated like I'd won the world championship!). I can consistently score 145+, I'm now more commonly managing to score 170s and 180s.
But my point is that the best game I threw was when I was relaxed, I wasn't trying too hard and I was just focusing on getting the ball down on the lane with a smooth consistent release. When I start to make mistakes its usually because my release slacks off, so I focus back on it again and I start picking up more pins, maybe this may help you too.

In regards to your ball, the good news is that the incorrect drilling should effect how the ball performs when you've had it plugged and re-drilled because it doesn't track over the thumb, its just a bummer because it wont look as new. It's good of you not to kick off about the drilling mistake, many people would but as long as you are happy with the ball, its all good :)

resstealth
02-23-2012, 12:35 PM
You haven't seen bad unless you saw the 532 series I threw last night. I somehow managed to throw a 104 the first game, and follow that with a 204 and a 224. fml...