PDA

View Full Version : Review: Motiv Thrash

toverbey
02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Layout:
4 15/16” x 3 15/16”
60 x 4 15/16” x 73

If you have been looking for a ball that will give you a predictable, controlled reaction on even the toughest of conditions, the Motiv Thrash is the ball you want in your hands. While the core does have a higher RG than most ‘controllable’ equipment (2.55), the Z Max Solid Reactive coverstock , sanded to a 1000-grit finish, keeps the ball from making any violent motions down lane that you may not want. I laid this ball out with the intention of having something that could give me a solid midlane read without overreacting once it hit a dry spot and that is exactly what I got. This ball easily gets through the heads and then makes a smooth transition from midlane read to backend motion. Once the ball decides to make its definitive move to the pocket it revs very hard and makes a strong, smooth, continuing arc through the deck. Even without a sharp entry angle I have had no problems with the Thrash driving though the pins. Where I think this ball excels, though, is when you find yourself on a short pattern or a flat pattern. The smootherness this ball has when reading the spot translates to a very controllable and forgiving breakpoint, excellent for when the last thing you need is unpredictable jumpiness. Consistent. Predictable. Smooth. All of these words aptly describe, and define, the Motiv Thrash.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff