PDA

View Full Version : remember this?

chrono00
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqLnqE9GYw

I remember watching this live last year. couldn't believe he missed it.

Trex
02-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks for posting this!!! :cool:

I needed to see this again! :)

chrono00
02-04-2012, 02:18 AM
it is kind of fun to watch. mika just has a hate the face (I swear i heard somewhere about him being kind of a dick in real life)

that whole show was a little nuts. with Tom Daugherty's 100 and mika barely missing the 300 the match before

bdpeters
02-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks for posting this. if ever anyone has said watching bowling is not exiting or suspensful has not seen a match like this one.

Special_K
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
i agree^^^^^

DaveAyotte
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I think they should bring back Tom Daugherty to bowl against Ciara from Chris Paul's celebrity invitational... that was tough to watch.

aed2784
02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
This was a hard one to watch... It made me feel better about missing my ten pins though :)

bdpeters
02-07-2012, 08:36 AM
It has been interesting to me to watch these videos. I don't have cable or satelite and rarely get to watch bowling. I always assumed the pro's bowled mostly strikes but I am seeing that sometimes this is not the case. either due to tough lane conditions or just having a bad day. also nice to see someone starting out rough but pulling it out later for the win.
Bri

aed2784
02-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I have never really watched bowling on TV but thanks to youtube, I've been able to catch up on just about every tournament for the past 10 years. Its' been great!

The Mayor
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Norm is one of the coolest guys on the planet.

aed2784
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
No question! Showed a lot about his character in this one instance, although I knew he was cool before this :cool:

chrono00
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
No question! Showed a lot about his character in this one instance, although I knew he was cool before this :cool:

yea. He could have easily lost his **** and been running around screaming and basically rubbing it in mika's face. instead he's just shocked for a few seconds, then sits there quietly untill mika gets up and walks off, then calmly goes and accepts his trophy

aed2784
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Bottom line is he never gave up. Even though striking out only forced Mika to mark in the 10th, look what happened. That is why even though he felt so bad (and how could you not) he still hoisted the trophy high.

MICHAEL
05-04-2012, 10:47 PM
That was sweeeeeeet!!! I remember watching it, but enjoyed it just as much this time!! Moral or the story... NEVER GIVE UP!! Strange things can, and do happen!!!

Etrain
05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
it is kind of fun to watch. mika just has a hate the face (I swear i heard somewhere about him being kind of a dick in real life)

that whole show was a little nuts. with Tom Daugherty's 100 and mika barely missing the 300 the match before

i heard the oppisite, i heard hes actually a verry funny guy... announcer said this on a game i saw

billf
05-07-2012, 09:39 PM
My experience when dealing with people from Europe has been a lot of them have a dry sense of humor and can give you a totally serious look while yanking your chain. Being a sarcastic *** myself, I usually got along well.
As for Norm's reaction; class all the way. He knows how bad it hurts to give away a win and didn't do anything to rub it in to Mika. Jack Jurek has also showed class on tour. It's part of the reason they are two of my favorites. I don't mind celebrating a win but not to the point where it seems to be rubbing it in the opponents face.

MICHAEL
05-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Yes I tape them all and then watch them early in the week! THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST!!! Wow,, I thought they were going to have to call for help the way he collapsed on the floor (:).... norm duke is one of my favorites!!

chrono00
05-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Yes I tape them all and then watch them early in the week! THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST!!! Wow,, I thought they were going to have to call for help the way he collapsed on the floor (:).... norm duke is one of my favorites!!

just recently got dvr maybe 6 months ago. since then I dvr all the events i can since i usually work when they are on.

i work in a restaurant, so once or twice they had the bowling show on (espn was on and the female bartender didn't know/care to change it) and I had to avoid the area so as not to spoil it for myself. since I couldn't stop and watch the whole thing, and there is no sound at work