PDA

View Full Version : 400 series last week to a 500 series this week!

o0 DraastiK
02-08-2012, 12:36 AM
WOO! It's been a good few weeks bowling for me. Last week I shot my first 400 series ever, this week I shot my first 5 series ever

Opened up with a turkey, then an open, then another turkey for a 184. Second game was a 161, 3rd game was a 172 for a 517 :D.

Average last week. 147.
Average this week. 172.

Not too shabby for only bowling 3-6 months wouldn't you say?

chrono00
02-08-2012, 01:28 AM
I had like 5 500's in a row then a 450 and another 500+

this week was my first time with my new ball (frantic)...436. it's drilled slightly different. tighter thumb hole (techically how it should be, first ball it's too big so i squeeze a bit), and ring finger about 1/8 inch longer.

I also didn't have time to throw it before league at all. so i only threw it a few times during warmups. I stuck with my virtual energy the first game, but I swear just the practice shots with the frantic threw me off. I was throwing harder than normal, and I wasn't hitting the pocket at all.

2nd game I threw a 199 after getting annoyed and deciding **** it, may as well see if I can figure out the frantic. hit 199 with it.

the ball is gonna take some getting used to, but I have to say, when it hits the pocket it decimates pins. I just need to get comfortable with it

The Mayor
02-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Keep up the good bowling! Remember, spares are the key to the game.

striker12
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
nice job keep up the good work...

i have been just like you last 2 weeks only 400 series but for 3 weeks in a row 531-562 and a 599 but then last week i just saved my self to throwing a 417 shot a 151-75 and then a 191 but there was not one drop of oil on the lanes i had to loft the ball half way down the lane soo it would move into the pocket instea dof moving in to early

o0 DraastiK
02-08-2012, 06:39 PM
haha yeah by the 3rd game in our league last night I had to move at least 15-20 boards over and throw the same line because of how dry it got. there was NO oil track on my ball. My friend did what you did too, threw it 3/4 down the lane in hope that it would go to the pocket.

Lots of pocket shots for me consisted of leaving the dreaded 10 pin up. Rats. I don't even have a plastic spare ball yet (end of this league I'll get one)

striker12
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
yeah i hate when they dont oil the lanes but i got a plastic ball but i barly use it only mainly for my splits i use my black widow i have for my spare ball even on my 10 pins all i do is do my normal back swing but a change wth my hand in stead of my hand being in the middle of the ball or having the point to the wall i point the ball to me and on my way down i rotate my wrist in to me putting abit of a spin on my ball going right so it will do a little hook right instead of left it come in handy i rarly miss my 10 pins that way