PDA

View Full Version : Storm Frantic Dilling Layout

jayp2003
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey I'm new to this forum and generally new to bowling (3 years). I hold a 165 avg., but lately ive been bowling better, averaging a 185 over my last 3 weeks, including my first 600 series last night (631). I'm presently using a brunswick wild ride, however in 5 days I'm getting a Frantic drilled. I bowl in a small 8 lane house with wood lanes that are typically on the medium side for oil. I usually start with my slide foot on the 20 board and throw over the 10 arrow. I have medium speed and medium revs. With this information I'm looking towards you guys for information on drilling layouts for the frantic. With not alot of experience id like to go into the proshop with some good knowledge and information. Thanks in advance.

got_a_300
02-11-2012, 04:18 AM
First off Welcome to the site and the forum jayp2003,

Here is a link to some drilling layouts for the Frantic I would suggest maybe using layout 1
since you say you are bowling on medium oiled lanes Storm Frantic drilling layouts (http://www.bowlingball.com/drilling-layouts/Storm/9983/Frantic)

striker12
02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
well got-a-300 has a good idea for u look look at layouts but i normaly have the same oil as u i throw at 20 out to 10 and i got 2 freeze drilled close to same but alittle different 1 pin up and other pin under and they hook different but it depnds i got avg speed but high revs and the pin upis drilled for length with a sharp backend helps with those heavyers oil patterns and the pin under is loength with a strong arc ment for med-dry oil patterns it works great has a nice smooth hook into the pocket compared to the pinup on med oil lanes it snaps in there hard and sometimes will go head pin or broockling soo i sujested to you cause u only pushout to 10 to get it drilled for length with a strong arc or a sharp backend im putting sharp backend in there cause your a med rev players different from me sooitmight work for you or u cna get a drilling layout as controllable hook

bowl1820
02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Welcome jayp2003! Looking at the basic layouts like got_a_300 suggested is a good place to start. You should then look at what you current ball is doing and what you want or expect the new one to do.
Then see which of the layouts is closest to what you want.

I would also look at the layouts of others there that bowl similar to you and doing good. See whats working for them on the lanes your bowling on.

Then the most important thing "talk to the pro" whose doing the drilling.

Tell him what your looking for the ball to do, see what he thinks of the layout your looking at. If he has a different layout in mind, have him explain why it would be better.

Then when you agree on the layout have him drill it.