PDA

View Full Version : critique away

chrono00
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
new ball. has a smaller thumb hole than my virtual energy. the VE thumb hole is a bit big so I squeeze the ball. but I'm used to that, not the correct hole, and the frantic has stuck on my thumb a hanful of times

in any event, feel free to watch and tear apart these vids. they're only 1 frame each. I don't really do the whole editing thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpozA4dBjIg&context=C35cae15ADOEgsToPDskJMnWvv04Z3HTws-vZVsOto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2iSTFH_aPk&context=C3739af1ADOEgsToPDskL_qtDEt5Z2DyV9TxYoLQxq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkUCjhAaZh0&context=C3ca8683ADOEgsToPDskJQv5JdrSnRqOe9uJxBW74_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AU2sCmgUxg&context=C328cc9eADOEgsToPDskJI8Ew7Rnn6v7BmiqPJGQij

JerseyJim
02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
It's kind of hard to tell anything from these videos. It would be good to see a shot of you from the side, and from the back. It looks like you're muscling the swing a bit from what I can see.

striker12
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM
ok i see some problem that u are having that i use to do my self ok so the first thing is if your thumb keeps sticking in the ball some sand paper and open the thumb hole alittle at a time when u are practising soo then u can just feel what it feelign like and its ok to queese the ball alittle but on the back swing soo it dose not come flying out of your hand but when u are on the top of your back swing let your arm flow throw nice and smooth and start to release some tenchine off that thumb and your thumb wont stick...

number 2 your swing is dose look like your musling the ball which i see u do at the end cause your arm is a chicken wing thats bad streghten out your arm fully and have a nice swing only thing u should pay atention too is your target that u want to hit and another thing is u pulled the ball u want your arm to go streght up beside your body not into of you if your arm keeps going infront of you heres a little tip i got tout in your house or anywhere u would like do a practice swings with no ball and try to get your arm not to come infront of youbut at same time have something that u want your arm to hit thats how i fixed my arm and know i can shoot streght up like nothing but i do pull the ball once and awhile from ball sticking in my thumb hole...

these are some thigns u should try and if anything get your bowling balls all the same never have your bowling balls different like if one of your balls has finger and thumb grips and another only has finger grips get the thumb grip put inyour will see alot different in your bowling and in your game and mental game too cause your not going to e fousedd on your thumb not coming up it jsut takes practice to learn how to do it properly

chrono00
02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
ok i see some problem that u are having that i use to do my self ok so the first thing is if your thumb keeps sticking in the ball some sand paper and open the thumb hole alittle at a time when u are practising soo then u can just feel what it feelign like and its ok to queese the ball alittle but on the back swing soo it dose not come flying out of your hand but when u are on the top of your back swing let your arm flow throw nice and smooth and start to release some tenchine off that thumb and your thumb wont stick...

number 2 your swing is dose look like your musling the ball which i see u do at the end cause your arm is a chicken wing thats bad streghten out your arm fully and have a nice swing only thing u should pay atention too is your target that u want to hit and another thing is u pulled the ball u want your arm to go streght up beside your body not into of you if your arm keeps going infront of you heres a little tip i got tout in your house or anywhere u would like do a practice swings with no ball and try to get your arm not to come infront of youbut at same time have something that u want your arm to hit thats how i fixed my arm and know i can shoot streght up like nothing but i do pull the ball once and awhile from ball sticking in my thumb hole...

these are some thigns u should try and if anything get your bowling balls all the same never have your bowling balls different like if one of your balls has finger and thumb grips and another only has finger grips get the thumb grip put inyour will see alot different in your bowling and in your game and mental game too cause your not going to e fousedd on your thumb not coming up it jsut takes practice to learn how to do it properly

I don't think I wanna open the thumb hole up any. it was too big on my virtual energy, where as on the frantic in the videos, it's the size it should be. I'm just not used to it being so snug on there. It's just something I have to get used to doing I think. counting the games from the videos, i've only thrown it about 2 1/2 games.

I've had a feeling I've been doing a bit of a chicken wing for a few weeks now. that's kinda why I wanted to take video of myself. I can keep it straight sometimes, but not as consistant as i'd like.