PDA

View Full Version : Moving up from a beginner ball, which one should I get?

bombygriz
02-12-2012, 07:21 AM
I bowl in both the USBC league and my high school team. Currently, I'm using a 12-pound Brunswick Slingshot with fingertip inserts, and my average is about 140. I'd like to purchase a more professional-level ball with more hook so I can push my average up, as well as move up to 14 pounds.

I've looked at the Storm Vivid, but I don't know much about those kinds of balls. I'm right handed, female, and normally I'm shooting second arrow. My budget is $200.

Any suggestions?

Mi5hka
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
if your looking for something more aggressive i would suggest going to bowlingball.com and in the bowling ball section you an pick from entry level to professional etc. as you search going up the list the balls get more intense i would search in the performance and advanced performance categories there all great balls just read reviews of ones you re interested in and research ask a pro shop manager if you have one around you theyll be able to help you! the storm vivd has alot of hook!

striker12
02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
ok for you since your useing a sling shot u should go to a mid porformence ball dont go to pro porformance cause there will be a big difference and u will mess up your avg abit i use to throw only pro porformance bowling balls and know im throwing a entry lvl ball the freeze and i make it hook like a pro porformance soo for a mid porformance ball your should look at the outburst or benchmark from columbia for solid balls and for a polished ball the eruption from columbia 300 they are worth less then $200 and they work great i got the outburst but i rarly throw it cause its still alittle to reactive for me with ym high revs and not much oil on the lanes or you could also look at a track bowling all a 5 series ball like the 503c it has nice carry down and a nice smooth backend differenc ewith the 503c you would have to open the lanes up abit andits also just less then $200 soo thoses are 2 nice solid bowling balls and 2 nice polished bowling balls i have used all 4 but i only own 2 myself the 503c and outburst looking to get the eruption and benchmark