PDA

View Full Version : Critiques/comments welcome.

swingset
02-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm fresh off of a 15 year gap when I last bowled, and until now have never rolled a reactive or tangled with modern lane dressing.

So, I'm about 10 weeks into a league and getting my sea-legs back again. I've been practicing through the week 1 or 2 days, then rolling league night. Some of the guys on my league have offered some help with lines and what to do to adjust for the change in balls (my last ball was a Red Hammer, to give you reference). I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the swing and it's been consistent, I'm averaging a 192 (high game of 259, low of 146). The other night one of the guys that does coaching came up to me after a few frames and said I was doing well but he spotted some places where my swing wasn't working but didn't elaborate - dunno if that's his way of dropping a business card or what, but when I asked him for specifics he said it was just little things that added up.

Anyway, thought I'd video from his perspective (he was always behind me) and see if first I could see anything going on and maybe if anyone here has a comment or suggestion I'm anxious to hear it. I'm fairly good at undoing bad habits once I know them and making them routine, but honestly I'm not seeing a lot of issues with maybe the exception of not having a high start/backswing and thus some lower ball speed but I've never thrown hard.

This is on a pretty heavy lane, with not much back end, rolling a Storm Rapid Fire. This is 4 frames (3 strikes and a 7-pin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SKHX_q_UKU