PDA

View Full Version : about bowling turnnys ex nationals or the tour

striker12
02-13-2012, 09:57 PM
ok i have been bowling for 4 years but i have also gotten pritty good but im also jsut wondering wat dose it feel like going into those turnnys and if anyone can giv eme some tips on what i should get my avg too befor i try out one and maby other thigns if you guys think of them.

thanks for help everyone

striker12
02-13-2012, 09:59 PM
and also forgot which type of bowling ball should i take me with like as in entry lvl mid or high and how many i do have columbia 300 balls but im looking to get other brands too expand my skill and learn more about how they move

J Anderson
02-14-2012, 08:13 AM
I would say that if you can afford the entry fee and any other associated costs with bowling in the tourney ( travel, etc.) do it now.
If you're talking about PBA events there may be a minimum average to enter.
What balls to bring really depends on what the conditions will be at the tournament.
You really need to find out as much about the tournament before you enter as you can.
Some have dress codes or other rules that can cost the unwary bowler from cashing or even competing.

striker12
02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
ok thanks but im deffently not ready for the PBA but i think for the PBA the minumum avg there is a 180 i think not fully sure but i will try to get in as many turnnys as i can for the experice i have been bowling in are junior bowling turnnys the team, doubles and singles, which are not much cause there not many teenage bowlers anymore and then i also bowl at my junior prov that one is hard because u got alot of good bowlers from my state to bowl agenst my best i have ever placed in prov was 7th in the doubles but that was also on my first year bowling but i will learn abit more and get some new balls that can work on multiple pattern but not till maby next year

Grimthrow
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
PBA

You must average at least 200 in an USBC sanctioned league or 190 in a sanctioned Sport or PBA Experience league.

striker12
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
ok thanks i will get that next year but idk if my bowling allie is even USBC sanctioned i will have to check

DaveAyotte
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
if you're in a youth league, you would have had a sign up fee. this usually covers sanction... check with your league president.

striker12
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
ok yeah we pay $20 befor the bowling starts like 1-2 weeks ahead of time but thanks at least ik this but also i could of just asked my bowling coach he is 2nd chair in the bowling association here in canada but im going to try for my first sanctioned 300 game this year hope i get it

striker12
03-01-2012, 06:57 PM
ok by next year im going to have my avg up by practicing this summer in a summer leauge and work on my throw alot soo for when bowling starts in september i can try to carry at least a 180+ avg and im going to try to make it to a few nations and any other turnnys that i come by im just going to take the rest of this year to learn abit more and work on my shot also to slow down my arm abit

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 07:50 PM
ok by next year im going to have my avg up by practicing this summer in a summer leauge and work on my throw alot soo for when bowling starts in september i can try to carry at least a 180+ avg and im going to try to make it to a few nations and any other turnnys that i come by im just going to take the rest of this year to learn abit more and work on my shot also to slow down my arm abit

Well you got a plan there! You might try bowling in a scratch league too. Going up against some elite bowlers in a real competitive environment, that will help with bowling in real pressure situations like those.

striker12
03-01-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah bowl that would be a good idea but only problem about where i live there is no scratch leagues here and not many good bowls even though im a 4th year bowling and bowling alright not best but alright im probly in the top 10 bowling where i live not many good adult bowlers maby 4 or 5 the rest are juniors i ahve been talked too alot of times to join the adult leauges but only thing is at both bowling centers here they once and awhile never oil the lanes manly at my bowling center.

about 2 times a months the lanes are dead ry not 1 drop of oil or ther eis water in the oil how i know ther water it drips off my ball

striker12
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM
for got this soo im planing on join a bowling team out of my town which has up to date lanes that have been worked on recently and i bowl really well out there jsut from doing test shots to get a ball drilled up, and at the bowling center i bowl at the lanes have not been worked on for over 40 years that i was told and one thing i do know is that the lanes are worped from the 5 boards on the right side to the 35 board tilted inword and out form the 5-1 board is tilted too the gutter soo on watery oil your ball if it gose out to the 5 it will jsut slid into the gutter

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 09:06 PM
yeah bowl that would be a good idea but only problem about where i live there is no scratch leagues here and not many good bowls even though im a 4th year bowling and bowling alright not best but alright im probly in the top 10 bowling where i live not many good adult bowlers maby 4 or 5 the rest are juniors i ahve been talked too alot of times to join the adult leauges but only thing is at both bowling centers here they once and awhile never oil the lanes manly at my bowling center.

about 2 times a months the lanes are dead ry not 1 drop of oil or ther eis water in the oil how i know ther water it drips off my ball

That sounds pretty rough, too bad about the water in the oil. Those things can happen I guess! Do the best you can then. If you do good there, you'll do even better on good conditions.

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
for got this soo im planing on join a bowling team out of my town which has up to date lanes that have been worked on recently and i bowl really well out there jsut from doing test shots to get a ball drilled up, and at the bowling center i bowl at the lanes have not been worked on for over 40 years that i was told and one thing i do know is that the lanes are worped from the 5 boards on the right side to the 35 board tilted inword and out form the 5-1 board is tilted too the gutter soo on watery oil your ball if it gose out to the 5 it will jsut slid into the gutter

Well make the best of your time bowling at the better lanes. It should really help your game a lot.

Yeah that's a rough house your bowling at, you might think about bowling at the newer place all the time.

striker12
03-01-2012, 09:25 PM
yeha im planing on bowling at the new house but only thing its a hr away but dose not bother me much givs me time to relax and think on the drive up its jsut during the winter time will be the problem driving up i will have to leave 2 hrs earlyer and take the long way up to be safer.

but yeah i have seen it alot with the water in the oil the water dose not jsut end up ther they put it in from the owners rules causes hes a fat lazy f'er that wont do crap for are lanes the center is jsut pocket money to him sends old parts like a belt for the ball returned and it broke in 2 days and the worse thing if any damge comes to are bowling balls mostly its from the ball return the bowling allie wont do nothing about it cause he dose not want to spend any money.

but thanks for advise and i will look for stuff like this and try my best i will keep updated my scores on ehre about my bowling every sunday and when i go to practice but yeah ik if i cna do good with water in the oil then i an mostly do good in any type of oil pattern jsut have to work on them first to get use to them

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
yeha im planing on bowling at the new house but only thing its a hr away but dose not bother me much givs me time to relax and think on the drive up its jsut during the winter time will be the problem driving up i will have to leave 2 hrs earlyer and take the long way up to be safer.

but yeah i have seen it alot with the water in the oil the water dose not jsut end up ther they put it in from the owners rules causes hes a fat lazy f'er that wont do crap for are lanes the center is jsut pocket money to him sends old parts like a belt for the ball returned and it broke in 2 days and the worse thing if any damge comes to are bowling balls mostly its from the ball return the bowling allie wont do nothing about it cause he dose not want to spend any money.

but thanks for advise and i will look for stuff like this and try my best i will keep updated my scores on ehre about my bowling every sunday and when i go to practice but yeah ik if i cna do good with water in the oil then i an mostly do good in any type of oil pattern jsut have to work on them first to get use to them

Well it may take a while to drive, but it will be worth it. not to have to bowl on those bad lanes. Good Luck.

striker12
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
yeah thanks and i will be doing that but also when the hell raiser revenge gets here im might be planing on taking my hawg back up to the pro shop and getting it dulled out cause it use to be dull and i have shot a 300 with it but when i pre bowled but then i went and gotit fixed after it jumped the gutter and hit the cammera and its back to out of the box but it slids too much also need to get the thumb fixed on it.

but when i get into any turnnys i will say how i did but on may 12-13 i think it is im heading too my junior bowling prov i did good on my 1st year of bowling got 7th in the doubles have not done that good since then but my brother did amazine in the singles on are first year he shot a 279 for 1st place finished with a 986 or 968 series with handycap

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
yeah thanks and i will be doing that but also when the hell raiser revenge gets here im might be planing on taking my hawg back up to the pro shop and getting it dulled out cause it use to be dull and i have shot a 300 with it but when i pre bowled but then i went and gotit fixed after it jumped the gutter and hit the cammera and its back to out of the box but it slids too much also need to get the thumb fixed on it.

but when i get into any turnnys i will say how i did but on may 12-13 i think it is im heading too my junior bowling prov i did good on my 1st year of bowling got 7th in the doubles have not done that good since then but my brother did amazine in the singles on are first year he shot a 279 for 1st place finished with a 986 or 968 series with handycap

That's sound like a idea, get a tune up on your hawg. It's a good ball and look you shot 300 with it. Get that thumb fix and the surfaced, you might do it again.;)

striker12
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
yeah the thumb defently needs to get fixed its a oval thumb i use to use that cause i only did a half a thumb in with my hand some what down the ball i might take the ball down to 2000 aborlon and get a duff on it or do you think i should keep it at its factory finish stage with out the polish but im hopping to get one of my achevment this years from a 250game- 299game and then that dame 700 series which is stil kicking me in the but wen i misted it with 1 pin all cause i left the 7-10 split in the 2nd last shot of the 10th

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 10:41 PM
yeah the thumb defently needs to get fixed its a oval thumb i use to use that cause i only did a half a thumb in with my hand some what down the ball i might take the ball down to 2000 aborlon and get a duff on it or do you think i should keep it at its factory finish stage with out the polish but im hopping to get one of my achevment this years from a 250game- 299game and then that dame 700 series which is stil kicking me in the but wen i misted it with 1 pin all cause i left the 7-10 split in the 2nd last shot of the 10th

As for what surface I can't say, The factory surface is a good spot to start from if you don't know. You try it, then see which way to go from there if needed.

----------------
Vigenere bowling
JQWYSRKQHDTAHVCIPTTYMPQNLHL

striker12
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
alriht thanks alot this was really helpfull to me know i got abit of information that i can use and know get my avg rigth back up there

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM
alriht thanks alot this was really helpfull to me know i got abit of information that i can use and know get my avg rigth back up there

Well your welcome, glad to help out!:D

striker12
03-01-2012, 11:46 PM
yeah if i got any other information i will come back and ask you cause you defently know how to clear stuff streght up and make sence of it too.

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 12:00 AM
yeah if i got any other information i will come back and ask you cause you defently know how to clear stuff streght up and make sence of it too.

Well theres a lot of good people on here to help you, that know a lot more than I do. Dont forget to do research on the web, lots of good info there also.

DaveAyotte
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
So - I just want to interject one thing here. Are there USBC sanctions in Canada? Or does Canada maybe have their own version of USBC? Another thing you may want to look into striker, is if you can get USBC sanctioned in Canada and get a book average - the best (and one of the most humbling IMHO) experience was going to the national tournament in Reno last year. It was just awesome. I know you've mentioned that your brother bowls, see if you can grab a few more people serious about bowling and head down there one of these years. I'm going to go back in 2014.

It's a good time, and the fact that you're bowling in a stadium, is just... incredible. Save up some dough, and see if you can get over there. Hotel's aren't too bad, i keep getting deal offers because I played so many damn penny slots while I was killing time.

If you do decide to try it... bring some extra cash a) for brackets, (I did terrible and still cashed in some brackets) b) for this little side tournament a few miles away called the 40-frame game, and c) for gambling.

just in case you've never seen this place:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e299/thr3bx/db95a74e.jpg

striker12
03-02-2012, 08:48 AM
wow dave that place is nice and yeah im defently going to be saving up alot of money to get to as many as i can cause its good expierance and someday i want to go pro and get into the pba, but for the sancened thing not sure if we have a different kinda i will have to talk to my bowling coach about that and see what he says.

and bowl yeah there lots of people on here that know alot and maby different stuff then you but you say stuff in a clearway that clears it up that makes people think of it and it could be 10 different ways soo for me i would try all the different ways that i can but thanks guys.

also my brother is a 2 handed bowler and i have tryed shooting like him but i dont know how he can get to the ground soo close tell you thois ifyou put your foot out at the fol like he cna prit near kiss it lol, also if i get my cusin his own bowling ball and some others then i can take him up and he can bowl and learn faster then i did

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I think in Canada they have the "Canadian Tenpin Federation" instead of the USBC.
Click here for info on "Canadian Tenpin Federation" (http://www.gotenpinbowling.ca/)

striker12
03-02-2012, 10:27 AM
yeah maby but this site sucks i have been on it befor it dose not tell you nothing about turnnys this year jsut for last years and dose not even give results just a page to put sutff down on they neeed to fix this site

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 10:39 AM
And you might check the Ontario Tenpin Bowling Association (http://www.otba.ca/) which is connected to the CTF. I see they have info on some tournaments there.

Example:
2011 - 2012 Annual Provincial Men's Tournament
May 12, 2012 to May 27, 2012
Rose Bowl
2482 Dougal Drive
Windsor, Ontario
N8X 1T2
(519) 969-9010

Tournament Manager: Wayne Dubs, 3075 Jefferson Blvd, Windsor, Ontario, N8T 3H8, E-Mail: WayneDubs@otba.ca

2011 - 2012 Annual Provincial Mixed Tournament
May 12, 2012 to May 27, 2012
Rose Bowl
2482 Dougal Drive
Windsor, Ontario
N8X 1T2
(519) 969-9010

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
yeah that site has alot of information on it but only thing about those turnnys im at my junior bowling prov on may 12-13 at st' catherins (i spelt that wrong ik it) but there alot of turnnys there also a turnny here in kingston on may 5 all people are welcome to join even junior bowlers its going to be a sport pattern but i wont enter mostly caue of the crap lanes

DaveAyotte
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I did find that a sanctioned CTF average would be used at a USBC event, but you would have to pay a USBC sanction before participating.

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
yeah that site has alot of information on it but only thing about those turnnys im at my junior bowling prov on may 12-13 at st' catherins (i spelt that wrong ik it) but there alot of turnnys there also a turnny here in kingston on may 5 all people are welcome to join even junior bowlers its going to be a sport pattern but i wont enter mostly caue of the crap lanes

Well just keeping check , Im sure some will come along.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
yeah but i will be getting into some turnny next year but first need to work on my throws and get my self more balanced which might take time cause a long time aog in hgih school when i played football i hurt my knee and know its acting up on me.

thanks dave thats good to know

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
yeah but i will be getting into some turnny next year but first need to work on my throws and get my self more balanced which might take time cause a long time aog in hgih school when i played football i hurt my knee and know its acting up on me.

thanks dave thats good to know

Well do your best and keep at that practice youll get there.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:20 AM
yeah thanks i will get some videos in soo if anyone see's something im doing wrong they can tell me and i can try to figure out how to fix it

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
yeah thanks i will get some videos in soo if anyone see's something im doing wrong they can tell me and i can try to figure out how to fix it

Everyone here will be gad to help.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
yeah thats great i use to have a old bowling video but of my old style and i already figured out what i was doing wrong from that and know ahve changed styles to a better way

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
yeah thats great i use to have a old bowling video but of my old style and i already figured out what i was doing wrong from that and know ahve changed styles to a better way

Well with a new video, youll be able compare the two and see how much youve changed.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
yeah im planing on this sunday when i go to bowling to get a video in just need to get a new cammera i broke my last one from forgetting it on the top of my car and then driving away

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
yeah im planing on this sunday when i go to bowling to get a video in just need to get a new cammera i broke my last one from forgetting it on the top of my car and then driving away

Well that was too bad about your camera.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:38 AM
yeah but it was funny too cause i started driving and then i remember it was on the top of the car thought it fell off back at the bowling allie nope it was still on top of the car and when i slambed the brakes it went flying

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
yeah but it was funny too cause i started driving and then i remember it was on the top of the car thought it fell off back at the bowling allie nope it was still on top of the car and when i slambed the brakes it went flying

Those things happen, you just have to be careful.

DaveAyotte
03-02-2012, 01:01 PM
O.O

is it me, or is this becoming moderately entertaining?

striker12
03-02-2012, 02:08 PM
yeah bowl lots of things happen but alot of it happens to me jsut because i forget alot of thing i have once gone to the bowling allie and forgot my bowling balls but i brought my bowling shoes but i did not have enoph time to run home and get the bowling balls lucky my buddy there lets me throw his bowling balls but thing sucks this year he is moving to a different state so he was not able to bowl.

and dave its not you probly everyone is lol on this thread