PDA

View Full Version : need help -- sunset strip shot

just bowling
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
hello...Im new to this shot but have been bowling for many years. My daughter is having a problem on this shot....she plays between 5 and 8 up and in ...she just cant get the ball to finish it just rools oout ...she is throwing the new nexus , the motiv gti that has been sanded down and a hammer taboo any suggestions thanks

got_a_300
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
According to the pattern it looks like she is playing in the dryer section of the
lane oil. The sanded ball is burning up through the heads and mid lane and so
that is why the ball is rolling out on the back ends and not finishing. Try a ball
with a little more polish on the cover and see if that helps.

Kegel bowling patterns (http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/default.asp)

Look under the Kegel Navigation Challenge Series link and the pattern info will be there
and click on Pattern Graphs & Ratios to see how the oil is applied to the lanes and the
Sunset Strip pattern will be at the top.

striker12
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
im thinking cause that part of the lane is dry that it should be movingin abit early but also burns out at the end but u never gave us enoph info on the bowler like speed, rev rate that type of stuff would help out and u will beable to get some persise awnsers (got_a_300) has a good one but also hard show u the oil pattern but that means u will have find the line on your own which with speed and rev rate in here we can all help out too

just bowling
02-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks for thefeedback...se throws the ball around 15 to 16, can give you her rev rate ..but she is straight up he boards but can play inside with some hand in the ball...after tomorrow we will be finding her rev rate and pap. When you grow 6 inches in a year it sure did effect her game a bit.....the guys bowled today in sectionals at thruway lanes today and the scores were down from ast years.....when you only had 2 teams that shot over a 1000 in a 5 man teams you know the shots not difficult...and thats with a 3 and 3 game sets. thanks girls tomorrow!

striker12
02-16-2012, 10:34 PM
ok if shes throwing it that fast and if it still slids try to get her to slow it down abit and see what that dose cause theres alot of things also get the axis tilt menaing the angle that the balls rotation ( hope i spelt that right) but that would also be another thing my balls rotation is at like 16-20 degrees but i cna also make the ball 45 degrees is i need the ball to snap back in hard soo that could be another issue figure it out and to do that get a cumpis type thing dont remember its game and figure it out from the track on the ball

gergy22
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
we bowled 3 weeks of a 4 game league on that pattern and what we figured out was straight was better, because it is oiled in 4 board strips, small swing can move your breakpoint up or back 3 or 4 feet either way. Find a four board strip and play in the middle of it, then you have miss either way a little without drastically changing when your ball exits the pattern.