PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Thrash Review - Smooth!!!

emciver79
02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Motiv Thrash.

INNER CORE: Quadfire

COVERSTOCK: Z-Max Solid Reactive

BOX FINISH: 1000 Wet Sand

15# RG: 2.55, DIFF: .043

This ball is designed for medium oil and for straighter play. If you like the QZ2 line, this ball is a great compliment. When you are getting over/under reaction with the QZ2s, you can move to this ball to smooth out the lane. This ball features the same core as the QZ2, but with a solid surface.

I throw the ball 18MPH, with about a 400-450 RPM

I have thrown it on both THS and 43 Foot Dead Man's Curve. I drilled a 6in Pin to PAP and placed it below my middle finger, with the CG about 5in from PAP, no extra hold needed. This gave me a very strong "roll" with no major movements. This ball was designed to play on flat patterns and on fresh oil. I can definitely say, they hit that goal. On the 43 foot pattern, I could throw it right up about 8 and it gained plenty of traction in the oil and had no major shifts, which is key early on sport patterns.

For a league bowler who doesn’t want to have to swing the ball, this is what you want to throw. For a tournament bowler who is playing on tougher patterns, this is a great first ball out of bag on the heavier oil patterns.

Eric McIver
Motiv Staff
PBA Regional Player

striker12
02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
nice ball this is one good review im defently going to be checking out one of these balls and see if im able to aford it butim deffently going to be getting one some day