PDA

View Full Version : New! MOTIV Raptor Attack - (Pearl). Release Date: 2/29/12

Mappa
02-17-2012, 11:21 PM
The Raptor Attack is the first asymmetrical pearl ball from MOTIV. It is a low RG ball (2.46) with a maxed out high differential (0.60). My Raptor Attack is drilled up with a relatively mild layout - 85* x 5 x 40*, which is one I like for my ball speed, track, and rev rate. But, with the really strong core this ball has, you can really make this ball do tricks down the lane with a more aggressive layout, if you wish.

My favorite time to use this ball is just after a heavy oil pattern breaks down a little and transitions a bit, The pearl cover helps this ball clear the heads with ease, then react decisively down the lane when I need it to. It doesn’t really have a “flip” motion down the lane, it’s more of an “aggressive turn” towards the pocket. I didn’t anticipate that this ball would be as versatile as it is. I have been able to utilize this piece on a variety of lane conditions – it stores energy very well. Also I am very impressed with how this ball clears the pins, nice and low.

Here is a link to the Raptor Attack ball reaction video that I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QygH6dqThs

On my video, I also throw the original Raptor solid, and the Primal Instinct for comparison on the Kegel Main Street pattern.

I am very impressed with this ball. I hope you have the opportunity to try it!

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff

MFein
02-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Damn, that's actually a really nice ball. Moves very smoothly and it's not very angular. I know a couple people that enjoy Motiv equipment.

Hulksey
02-18-2012, 02:29 AM
yeah it looks really nice... I'm a sucker for back-end snaps like that...

striker12
02-18-2012, 09:07 AM
that dose look like a nice ball ant waittill it comes out im going to try to get one