PDA

View Full Version : Bowling ball decision!!

JOERUSSIA
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Hey guys i found a
eboninte gyro
colombia 300
ebonite stinger
Maxx 300 and a
ebonite cougar

Does anybody know anything about these balls?

JaMau24
02-22-2012, 03:46 AM
The 3 ebonite balls you mentioned all look to be older balls.. No idea how good or bad they are..

No idea what a Maxx 300 is...

Columbia 300 is a company that makes balls, not a bowling ball itself.

got_a_300
02-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Where in the world did you find those Ebonite balls? I haven't seen
the Gyro, Stinger, or the Cougar balls around in a long, long time.

bdpeters
02-22-2012, 01:57 PM
The Navy stinger I picked up the other day at a thrift shop was made in 97 according to the serial# and an Ebonite employee. it has a mild hook potential. not sure about the others since I am new to this.

Bri

DaveAyotte
02-22-2012, 02:06 PM
I LOVE COUGARS! oh wait, we're still talking about bowling balls aren't we?

In that case, the columbia 300 - what color is the pin/dot on the ball? I assume it's around the same age as the others mentioned.

also - what stinger is it? there were 4 released according to the interwebs. The first few had a scorpion looking thing around the ball name, and the others had a ninja star thing around it. The ninja star ones seem to be the better choice.

in conclusion - if that columbia 300 is the masters yellow dot (http://columbia300.com/products/detail_retired_balls/abc_masters_yellow_dot/) that would be the only one really worth getting out of the old columbia series. I had it back in the day, and loved it. Anything else from that era from Columbia, if i'm not mistaken, are all plastic... so either the yellow dot (if that's what it is) the stinger, depending on the answer to the aforementioned question, or the cougar. The Gyro is Urethane - but with a pancake weight, so I would hesitate on that one, and I couldn't find anything on a MAXX 300... so I've narrowed your choice ;)

striker12
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
well tell yout his columbia 300 had alot of good bowling balls i throw 2 of them but i have 5 in total 4 freezes and 1 WD(white dot).

but those other bowling balls i have never heard of them befor soo im guessing that they are really old and not being made anymore soo if u can find any of those then get one cause older balls are just as good as the new ones