PDA

View Full Version : Nexxus f(P+R)

JaMau24
02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Just got my Nexxus today and bowled a couple games with it... To put it mildly, this is the best ball I have ever shot with. I've got it drilled with the pin up to add back end hook and it hooks strong. I've read this in other reviews before I got it, but I'll say it again because its very true -- If you miss your mark a little to the right, it still has enough hook to come back in and nail the pocket, and if you miss a little to the left, it held for me and nailed the pocket. Its like the ball is reading your mind and does exactly what you want it to do. It hits extremely hard too.

I average 210,

The first game I shot with it I got a 246 (X X 9/ X X X X X X 9-) both the 9's were 10 pins and as you can see, I missed the 10 pen in the 10th (oops!)

The second game I shot I got a 278 (X X X 8/ X X X X X XXX) I left the 6-10 in the 4th because I missed my mark badly to the left and went high.

Since I came back to bowling 4 months ago after a 5 year break, my high game was a 268 (twice).. So it only took 2 games to beat that. I honestly feel like I'll be rolling my 3rd 300 here soon with this ball. I read everything about this ball, and yeah, I figured it was a great ball, but I was still absolutely shocked at how good it was.

I have a league I bowl in tonight, so I'll be sure to let you know what my series was and how the ball did.

This is a must get ball.

**EDIT**

This is from February, just so everyone knows.

x-mantwohand
03-05-2012, 01:07 AM
the nexxus is very good. i bowl in a junior league(14) and averages 173, my teammate let me use his nexxus ball and the ball hooks perfect. My series was a 706. After League Play there is a promotions called Sport Shot Saturday and the sport shot was the US Open pattern. Tell you the truth i was very excited because people says that the pattern is one of the hardest. I used my Taboo Pearl all the way left. i bowl two hand so i think for sure that it will come back but i keep on getting the taboo too right. so i move all the way right but my taboo layout is not the strong layout so i would have to place out to the perfect board to get a strike, but then i get my friend new nexxus and anywhere i throw it from it will hit the pocket. GOOD BALL:)

TheJourney
03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a awesome ball!! I would love to be able to get a few of these Nexus pieces but unfortunately the money isn't there. Have been reading great reviews though! Great shooting and keep it up!

striker12
03-07-2012, 02:30 PM
i have never tryed brunswick bowling balls before but this is a ball that i would like to try out well all of the nexus and nexxus balls

martin
03-14-2012, 11:14 PM
would really love to get this ball but the money isn't there.. hopefully can get it some day.. my anaconda is too weak for heavy oil conditions..

Demoman
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Hey striker12 im not at all trying to be rude but looking at your arsenal you throw two Brunswick balls as DV8 are made by them.

75lockwood
09-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey striker12 im not at all trying to be rude but looking at your arsenal you throw two Brunswick balls as DV8 are made by them.

Yes DV8 is a sub company to Brunswick, however the balls are quite a bit different (dv8 balls being the more aggressive of the lines)

Yes, Striker technically bowls with Brunswick balls, but the balls are quite a bit different :)

75lockwood
09-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Btw, welcome to the forums demoman

Demoman
09-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Btw, welcome to the forums demoman

Thanks 75 it's great to be here - nothing but nice honest people! I would argue that some of Bruns newer balls this one particular are even more aggressive then dv8 but up until recently I agree with that statement.

On the subject of this particular ball I bought one two weeks ago and woke up to go through my equipment and it had a huge crack in it from my fingertip half way across the ball. I only bowled 6 games with it right in front of the pro shop dealer I bought it from the day before so it certainly wasn't me, the lanes, or equipment. Ultimately I chose to put the ball credit torwards the hammer purple taboo which I wanted to begin with but the shop talked me into this ball and I did like it for the 6 games I used it. From what I understand this is very rare to happen with anything Brunswick so take what I wrote with a grain of salt but I thought I should at least share the info.

billf
09-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Defects happen, that's why all manufacturer's have a warranty :cool:

Demoman
09-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Defects happen, that's why all manufacturer's have a warranty :cool:

I totally agree! Just sharing what happened to mine and I'm sure it's a rare thing

sukeetoshyoo88
09-19-2012, 06:46 AM
i've been wanting this ball for a while now.
glad to see that theres positive reviews on it.
currently throwing a versa max (one and only ball)
it just goes way too long and never really gets a chance to hook when the oil is fresh and heavy-medium.
unless i throw it slower than i like to.
so im hoping that when the day comes to finally purchase a nexxus, i'll be able to throw how i like, on heavier oil.