PDA

View Full Version : Contest Feb 27, 2012 to Mar 04, 2012 - Storm Crossroad

BowlingBoards.com
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
We are giving away a Storm Crossroad for a random poster from Feb 27, 2012 through Mar 04, 2012.

=== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

MFein
02-27-2012, 03:37 AM
My friend throws the Crossroad. It's an amazing ball. Great for house shots and light oil patterns. I haven't seen many people use it on heavy oil, but it's an amazing ball. Holds very well and carries. Everyone should enter this contest. Amazing ball.

Timmytomma
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
I like that posting like I would anyway gives me a shot...good luck to all

TheJourney
02-27-2012, 09:29 AM
I agree with you Timmy, I love the fact that posting like we would anyway are entries. Now I just hope I give myself enough possible entries to win!! This ball would fit perfectly into my arsenal!!

striker12
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM
dame i would defently need this ball it has nice carry on it and a smooth backend good for hitting the pocket

DaveAyotte
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
simmer down striker. You already got one, let us have a chance, eh?

MFein
02-27-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think you're allowed to win back to back weeks. I'm sure if he's picked, they'll re-draw the winner.

striker12
02-27-2012, 03:05 PM
yeah but even if i get picked i would let one of you guys have it or give it to my cusin hes jsut started outbowling this year and hes already kicked my but in like 5 games ( with me throwing lefty lol ).

also i need a new bowling arsenal my arsenal is all old other then my freeze's like my black widow and kinetic pearl.

you guys should give me a free 3 ball ball with bwling balls in it not including the hrr

Timmytomma
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
he actually didnt win back to back...but still lol I'm all for the letting the rest of us have a shot lol

striker12
02-27-2012, 04:21 PM
yeah u guys can have the stuff it is a nice ball but i would give it too any of you guys i would tell them to redraw or i would ask them if i could do a draw right your guys names down and keep drawing names and putting it back in untill i pick someone names 2 times

Grimthrow
02-28-2012, 12:54 AM
I have one ball, a banged up freeze, here's to hoping!!! :D

striker12
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
dave know it time to let other people win u just won last weeks contest soo i have a chnace of winning know and i need a new bowling arrsenal

DaveAyotte
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
dave know it time to let other people win u just won last weeks contest soo i have a chnace of winning know and i need a new bowling arrsenal

haha - I don't need the crossroad anyway. My tropical storm is still hooking way more than it should (even after my resurface and polish). So, it's pretty much where the crossroad would be... I'm looking both on the highly aggressive side (mutant cell and second dimension are both past prime.), or something on the much lower end... basically to do what my trop should do (kinda pissed I gave away my RotoGrip Mars... but it is what it is.) I have the middle covered pretty well.

striker12
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
yeah i got the entry lvl ball and know pro perfomance balls good jsut need to get some mid performance balls for the ball bag like this crossroad would go in there perfectly cause i have thrown my buddys and dame he has it drilled for massive hook but hes also a low rev bowler and im high rev i had to do alittle lfot over the left gutter out to the 5 board and it was still going brockling.

soo if i get a crossroad im going to get my drilled for lenth with a sharp backend soo i have a nice snap on the backend on a perfect oil condion for it, or iwill give it to my cusin depends on if he is going to get the world beater or not i told him he should get a omen its better and cheaper

JaMau24
03-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Would be the perfect ball for my bag! Need something with a little less hook.. Good luck everyone!

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 08:39 AM
This would be a great ball for my bag also!

striker12
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
yeah this ball would do good in my bag cause its a mid performance ball would hook less then the hell raiser revenge soo if the lanes start burning out i could bring it in

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes this ball will do good in my bag also! Got the same core as the last two balls in the Thunder series. Looks like it will have a little more motion than the Victory Road. Maybe go with close to a 50x4x70 layout.

striker12
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
yeah it dose have more motion on it and that layout would do pretty good but also it dose have alot of carry on it and reads the midle part of the lan perfectly but i can say this the hell raiser evenge is good for know but if i win this ball i would give it to my cusin cause he thinking on whiching over to hammer and i told him not too hammer has too much reactive bowling balls go with the good brands stroms, rotogrip, columbia300 ( well thats the only ones i could think of at the time

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah its got a lot carry, the continuation that has is something! Though it has to watch out for the carrydown and heavy oil. then again I might go with a 70x3-3/8x50 layout.

-E--l--i--t--e---------------------core
V'z ba n zvffvba, vg'f qevivat zr penml. Vyy xrrc vg hc nyy qnl.

scottb879
03-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I would love to Have this ball in my arsenal. Right now i have a Hammer Midnight Vibe and A Ebonite Mission and A Columbia 300 Jazz. Would this be a good ball for me i throw the ball two handed backup?

striker12
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
yeah when it comes to that heavy oilis going to be the tricky point it cold break in abit late and if you try to go streght up with it it might break in alittle early soo it will take time to get this ball under controll on all patterns but its worth to have in your bag if the lanes ever do start burning out alot

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
The Crossroad is a versatile ball and takes to surface adjustments well ( why I want it for my bag). Not for the heavy stuff really, but with some surface it should handle the transition okay.

striker12
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
yeah the ball is good with the surfaces but 1 thing i can say everyone wants the crossroad now even my cusin wants it and i told him to hold on and see if i can get this one if i get this one it will go right to him soo he can stop throwing my dame bowling balls and have his first one.

well reason why i want him to stop throwing mine is he throws them in the gutter too much and it takesalong time to get the greace and dirt off my ball cause it like looks like it is welded to the ball

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
yeah the ball is good with the surfaces but 1 thing i can say everyone wants the crossroad now even my cusin wants it and i told him to hold on and see if i can get this one if i get this one it will go right to him soo he can stop throwing my dame bowling balls and have his first one.

well reason why i want him to stop throwing mine is he throws them in the gutter too much and it takesalong time to get the greace and dirt off my ball cause it like looks like it is welded to the ball

Yeah it's a good looking ball , I see why everyone wants it! Should be able to play a lot of different lines on the the dry and medium sport patterns too. With its 2.56 rg it should save a lot of energy for down the lane also.

striker12
03-01-2012, 09:43 PM
yeah my best guess is this ball will work perfect on the cheeta pattern(hope i spelt that right) but im not sure is any nationals or like big turnnys for canada people not sure if there is one or if its just nations but im not sure if they sue that pattern i dont know where to look to find out

bowl1820
03-01-2012, 11:38 PM
yeah my best guess is this ball will work perfect on the cheeta pattern(hope i spelt that right) but im not sure is any nationals or like big turnnys for canada people not sure if there is one or if its just nations but im not sure if they sue that pattern i dont know where to look to find out

It might work okay on the cheeta pattern, as for if they use that pattern in a tournament I can't say. You just got see when they have a one and if they use it.

JerseyJim
03-02-2012, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't mind trying it out, it appears to have a stronger cover than the Hy-Road.

striker12
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
yeah bowl i look up last night befor i passed out they use the cheeta pattern but not very offten cause its a weak oil pattern soo they dont like using it much but one pattern they use alot is the shark and the scorpion

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
yeah bowl i look up last night befor i passed out they use the cheeta pattern but not very offten cause its a weak oil pattern soo they dont like using it much but one pattern they use alot is the shark and the scorpion

There you go, now you have a idea of the patterns they like to use. The Shark is a long pattern at 43 feet, have to make sure you carry the corner pins on that one. And that 41 foot Scorpion pattern has got a lot of volume, so you have to get lined up quick.

Yeah that Cheeta is a short pattern, 35 feet scoring cane be pretty good on it. So I can see why they want a harder one.

striker12
03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
yeah im but for me to bowl on the shark and most of them i will need to find a bowling allie near me to practice that patterns on and see how i can do on it but i might try to find a pba experince leauge cause they bowl on all kinds of patterns and i test out my skills on them which is like nothing atm lol

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 10:29 AM
yeah im but for me to bowl on the shark and most of them i will need to find a bowling allie near me to practice that patterns on and see how i can do on it but i might try to find a pba experince leauge cause they bowl on all kinds of patterns and i test out my skills on them which is like nothing atm lol

Yes a PBA experience league would be a good learning experience, Just check around you might find one in your area.

striker12
03-02-2012, 10:30 AM
yeah im looking threw the ontario tenpinb wolign assoiasion page how much u spell that last work lol.

it will take some time but if i cant find one here i might just move up to alberta with my brother cause he lives out there right know and they do have a pba experience leauge cause he bowls in it

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 10:44 AM
yeah im looking threw the ontario tenpinb wolign assoiasion page how much u spell that last work lol.

it will take some time but if i cant find one here i might just move up to alberta with my brother cause he lives out there right know and they do have a pba experience leauge cause he bowls in it

Here's some info I found might be a place to start.

2011 - 2012 Annual Provincial Men's Tournament
May 12, 2012 to May 27, 2012
Rose Bowl
2482 Dougal Drive
Windsor, Ontario
N8X 1T2
(519) 969-9010

Tournament Manager: Wayne Dubs, 3075 Jefferson Blvd, Windsor, Ontario, N8T 3H8, E-Mail: WayneDubs@otba.ca

2011 - 2012 Annual Provincial Mixed Tournament
May 12, 2012 to May 27, 2012
Rose Bowl
2482 Dougal Drive
Windsor, Ontario
N8X 1T2
(519) 969-9010

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
yeah one thing ik is that winsor has some great lanes i think ther ebeen more 300s bowlered there then anywhere else in canada

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
yeah one thing ik is that winsor has some great lanes i think ther ebeen more 300s bowlered there then anywhere else in canada

Well keep eye out, thy. May have some tournys you can get to.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:13 AM
yeah i will be saving my money for the rest o this year and getting into them next year and holly crap my cusin is bothering me to get him a new ball i hope i get the crossroad just to give to him soo i can save my money for turnnys

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:21 AM
yeah i will be saving my money for the rest o this year and getting into them next year and holly crap my cusin is bothering me to get him a new ball i hope i get the crossroad just to give to him soo i can save my money for turnnys

Well when you get that HRR, you could give your brother one of your old balls. Maybe a freeze it was a good ball for you the Freeze.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
yeah i would but my brother already has a freeze and he throwing it pretty good but i would probly give him my hawg wild and then probly trade my hawg for one of his bowling balls lol lets see what all i cna do to him lol

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:28 AM
yeah i would but my brother already has a freeze and he throwing it pretty good but i would probly give him my hawg wild and then probly trade my hawg for one of his bowling balls lol lets see what all i cna do to him lol

Yeah that Hawg might be a good ball for him also.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
yeah he has thrown my hawg befor and he shot a 223-242-212 with it but he dose not care about the thumb cause hes 2 handed.

only problemwith it, it has been drilled up a few time 3 in total jsut cause the first 2 times the ball did not do was we drilled it for

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
yeah he has thrown my hawg befor and he shot a 223-242-212 with it but he dose not care about the thumb cause hes 2 handed.

only problemwith it, it has been drilled up a few time 3 in total jsut cause the first 2 times the ball did not do was we drilled it for

Im sure if he gets it for free, he'll use it. Who knows maybe you and him can bowl some doubles tournaments together.

striker12
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
yeah we both use to bowl doubles turnnys together all the time when we first started but know i live in ontario and he lives in alberta but im planning on moving out there with him cause its much nicer out there and more jobs and bigger ones too

bowl1820
03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
yeah we both use to bowl doubles turnnys together all the time when we first started but know i live in ontario and he lives in alberta but im planning on moving out there with him cause its much nicer out there and more jobs and bigger ones too

Well that might be a good idea. Then you two can bowl together again and in some nicer alley's.

DaveAyotte
03-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I would love to Have this ball in my arsenal. Right now i have a Hammer Midnight Vibe and A Ebonite Mission and A Columbia 300 Jazz. Would this be a good ball for me i throw the ball two handed backup?

ScottB - I cant see why not. I'm not familiar with the Jazz all that much, but this should be a pretty smooth moving ball. Would fit between your Mission and your Vibe. Do you know your rev-rate?

striker12
03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
yeah bowl i would lvoe bowling at his alleys up there i have seen videos of him throwing they always oil the lanes even when there is not a leauge on but wher eim at they most of the time dont even bring the oil machine out but most of the bowling balls i have know use to be my brothers but he gave them to me mainly cause i threw them more and also when he moved

BowlingBoards.com
03-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Congratulations to JerseyJim for being the random poster for the Storm Crossroad.

JerseyJim
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Congratulations to JerseyJim for being the random poster for the Storm Crossroad.

Thank you for holding this contest!! And I was thinking last night that I need something that would fit underneath my Critical Theory for when the lanes were breaking down. :) Who knew?

bowl1820
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Way to spin the wheel JerseyJim and Winning the Storm Crossroad. YYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH

JaMau24
03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Congrats Jim

JerseyJim
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks

striker12
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
jim remember too post on how the ball works for you just like what im going to do when the hell raiser revenge gets here and also post a picture of your layout that your useing

got_a_300
03-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Way to go Jim congrats

JerseyJim
03-09-2012, 02:55 AM
jim remember too post on how the ball works for you just like what im going to do when the hell raiser revenge gets here and also post a picture of your layout that your useing

I'll probably have it laid out like my Critical Theory, 4x4x2, and adjust the cover if I need to. I'm thinking that I'll be able to go to this ball when the CT starts checking up early.