PDA

View Full Version : This year's Gathering

kev3inp
02-27-2012, 05:44 PM
It's time to start planning for this year's Gathering. As always, it's being held at Creekside Lanes in Winston/Salem, NC. The official dates are 7-27 through 7-29. We'll be arriving on the 26th.

This is a fun filled weekend of bowling, eating, bowling and more bowling. The beer is cold, and the staff couldn't be friendlier. There's no entry fee to attend, you just pay for your lineage, at a discounted rate. Last year I think it was $1.50. Your food, drink, lodging and meals are your responsibility and there is a scotch doubles tournament on Fri night that has an entry fee, but that's it. Sunday world famous coach Ron Clifton generously donates his time and expertise to anyone who asks for help. We have a great group of fun people who attend every year and we're always welcoming to newcomers.

The highlight of the weekend is the Saturday Colleen Becker Memorial Bragging Rights Tournament. It's 3 games across 3 pairs with differing oil patterns. There is recognition for the top scratch and handicap bowlers. I'm bringing the Innovative Ball Spinner I won from the Let's Go Bowling radio show and it will be given away as a prize to some lucky attendee, though we haven't determined the details of that yet. I'm leaning toward the person who comes out exactly in the middle, but we'll see.

I believe this will be our 7th year attending. 12 hours in the car each way, so you know it's a fun time. Hope some of you can attend and we can put faces to the screen names.

resstealth
02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Count me in, not too far from here.

kev3inp
02-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Cool! There's a website, www.gatheringofbowlers.com, but it needs to be updated, and there's also a facebook group. Hope to see you there.

J Anderson
05-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Cool! There's a website, www.gatheringofbowlers.com, but it needs to be updated, and there's also a facebook group. Hope to see you there.

Looks like someone's been busy updating it.

kev3inp
05-17-2012, 06:01 AM
A little at least.

kev3inp
07-22-2012, 08:59 AM
The Gathering is next weekend. Unfortunately my wife and I won't be attending this year due to various considerations, but some lucky person will win an Innovative Ball Spinner. I shipped out the one I won from the Let's Go Bowling Show, and it arrived safely in Winston Salem Wednesday. Best of luck to everyone attending.

got_a_300
07-22-2012, 05:29 PM
me n my girlfriend wont be abale to make it either.