PDA

View Full Version : advice to fix problems welcomed

kvsmith
03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I've been bowling for a few years now but am still having problems. I started as a full roller and have been trying to convert to a normal release.
I can't seem to get more revs on the ball... watching the video I took I'm a lot jerkier than I thought, looks like I'm struggling to get my hand under the ball and possibly topping it at the release. Also am I forcing the ball down so it's coming off my hand early? looks like it falls off my hand each shot early? Plus, my balance arm comes forward after my release- surprised me... is this a sign of bad balance or muscling?

Please offer any advice and possible methods to fix the problems... just have a low quality vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivW33WBhoTw

thanks for the critique

striker12
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
ok i see your problem your musling the ball at the end cause if you see your folo threw you arm is bending it should stay streght and not come infront of you and yes it will take you time to learn how to get under the ball cause your muscle memorie is set for your old style it took me awhile to learn my backswing which now gose to shoulder hight but it use to only jsut come behind my back.

the thing you should do when you are at home doing nothing just practice your wings but slowly so u can get use to trying to get your hand under the ball and another way is too go to the bowling allie and do some release drilled like the 1 step throw u can work on getting your hand under the ball there and it will also help you from muscling the ball.

one thing i could not see cause the camera was too far away was if your hand is turning the ball and coming ontop of it and if it is that will cause u to lose revs and accuracy which is hard to get out of i use to do it did it for 3 years untill someone just noticed i did that but i got out of it after jsut over a month jsut form doing drills and practiceing my swing not trying to muscle the ball at my house.

another way to work on the release is get a tenis ball do your swing standing still and pull your hand out from under the ball and make it spin this will also help you not push the ball which will reduce the muscling at the end on the push.