PDA

View Full Version : Watched a Hell Raiser Revenge

bowl1820
03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Was at league tonight, One of the guy's had a new Hell Raiser Revenge. He had got a used one and used it a few games. Then the finger holes broke out, he took it to the shop and they gave him a new one!

Watched him practice a game just before league started. He hit the front 6, but you could tell it was too dry for that ball. The ball got about halfway down the lane, then straightened out like a piece of string dipped in starch. It was just barely carrying the ten. 7th frame he started leaving 10's.

The layout looked like a 70X5X30 with a X-Hole on the VAL where the grip centerline hit it. Now he wasn't the best shooter, he needed to get behind the ball more and I think it would have looked a lot better when he was on the fresh during league.

resstealth
03-14-2012, 02:32 AM
It seems like a pretty strong ball. I have zero experience with DV8 equipment, but alot of people seem to be buying their products. Anyone who own's one of these, feel free to chime in with your thoughts on the ball.

billf
03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I have four DV8 balls with two being Revenge's. I love the reaction I get from their stuff. I bought the Revenges strictly for tournaments knowing they would be too strong for my home house shot. One is pin up with six coats of polish, the other pin down. While practicing one day before a coaching sessi72on a friend and I decided to see how far left I could go and still hit the pocket. I was at the 20 board on the lane to our left, lofted over the gutter cap to the 3 board and still hit pocket. This ball wants and loves heavy oil. The thicker and longer the better. Played a tournament this past weekend with a reverse block oil pattern. I was laying down at the 40 board to the 4 without a problem. Shot a 604 series first time ever on this pattern. My doubles partner couldn't get his Critical Theory to come back any time he went out past the 8 board. Our rev rates, ball speed and averages are the same. He shot a 510 series. Just as a point of reference, I lay the ball down on average, 10 boards left of the diagram on DV8's website. Another guy in one of my leagues just got a Revenge. He is a pure stroker never going left of 20 with his feet. He hasn't shot 600 in almost a year and out of the box shot a 672 series. He uses his for all three leagues he bowls in and loves it. Personally, I use the Misfit and Reckless for house shots.

resstealth
03-19-2012, 04:35 PM
From everything im hearing I need to try one of these. Still don't think its going to match my VG Nano, but worth a try.

striker12
03-19-2012, 05:02 PM
yeah im having problems with those 10 pins wiht my revenge i get alot of pin action but it dose not go near the 10 always infront of it but thats when i hit the pcoekt nice.

but when i make it abit high not too much its a perfect strikes the hell raiser revenge is a strong ball i dont even have to throw it that hard it and blows threw the pins.

but at my bowling allie when ever i hit the pins everyone knows that i threw the ball cause it makes a louad noise and i got people that are throwing a ball faster then me and the same as me but i got alot more revs.