PDA

View Full Version : Would a wrist brace help with getting hand under/inside ball?

coachkapps
03-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm struggling with my hand position. I videotaped myself a few throws and it looks like I'm dropping the ball a little bit and have a very weak position at release. I'm trying to get under/inside the ball and get more revs. I also noticed that I'm bringing the ball back behind my back too far.

Would a wrist brace set at a predetermined angle help me with my wrist and possibly allow me to get under the ball a little more?

Any advice or tips? (can't upload video, not digital)

The Mayor
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
A support like the Storm Gadget or Robby's Revs with the wrist tilted toward your body can help keep your hand under/inside the ball some. It won't fix the problem though. It's hard to say without seeing the video, to be honest.

coachkapps
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I'll try and convert vid from VHS to digital.

got_a_300
03-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes a video would help out a lot I personally use a Brunswick Powerkoil XF
wrist support myself as with age my wrist isn't as strong as it used to be
back in my younger days.

This is what I use Brunswick Powerkoil XF (http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-accessories/Brunswick/5162/Powerkoil-XF-Right-Handed.html)

billf
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I have a Storm gadget and a Robbys Rev. What I have noticed with both is an increase in side roll but a decrease in revs. However, I still would suggest try one at least during practice sessions. I also find that these braces don't allow me to get as far under the ball as I normally do without them. Having broke my wrist a couple of years ago, I use them when the pain dictates and just make the appropriate board adjustments.