PDA

View Full Version : Tournament balls?!?

edpup316
03-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Put this up in "Tournament Talk" but there isnt much traffic their. The question is does anyone have a set of balls they use strictly for sport short, pba pattern ect... and if so a breif explination about what balls, balls specs(layout, surface) and why you choose them? Thanks in advance!!!

Stormed1
03-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't have a specific set of equipment designated as a tournament arsenal. However as most tournaments i bowl are sport shots i do have equipment that sees more use there. Most times for me they are pin under drillings to control the motion off the end of the pattern as most of the local stuff is on wood. As for surface prep it depends on the pattern volume

mojojojo
03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
i like to use solids or hybrids, not a lot of pearls; they tend to be jumpy off the dry which leads to inconsistency.
On medium and short shots, i like to use my reign supreme. Marvel for longer patterns.
use smoother and controllable layouts/balls, also chris barnes and other female pro bowlers have tips on how to play wtba patterns on youtube.
i have only been bowling for 3 years, but hope it helped

billf
03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Sad to say but lately a lot of the tournaments I have entered have only been slightly modified house shots. I am doing our PBA experience league again this summer. On the easier patterns I use my DV8 Reckless. On the real heavy, long patterns I purchased 2 DV8 Hellraiser Revenge's. 1 is pin up with several coats of polish and the other is pin down with it's natural dull cover.