PDA

View Full Version : Motiv sigma hybrid

MOTIVmags
03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Sigma Hybrid – 25 x 5 ¼ x 50

With the amount of success the Sigma Tour has had there was bound to be another Sigma released. The Sigma Tour and New Sigma Hybrid share the same versatile Sigma core, but the Sigma Hybrid reveals the New Atomix Hybrid coverstock.
The Sigma Hybrid has a 1000 wet sanded finish and out of the box this ball is best suited for heavy to medium conditions. It is as angular as a ball can probably get with as much surface as it has out of the box. Comparing the Sigma Tour and Sigma Hybrid with their different out of box finishes, the Hybrid forced me about 4 boards deeper on the lane and still provided great entry angles. The Sigma Hybrid also ignored the carrydown, while the Sigma Tour got noticeably weaker on the same condition.

My video session with the Sigma Hybrid was on Kegel’s Easy Street with a synthetic surface. Playing that deep, with that much surface I naturally see a lot of corner pins (Because I am more up the back of the ball), this was not the case with the Sigma Hybrid. For as much continuation as the Sigma Tour provides I can’t believe that the Hybrid allows for even more continuation!

You can see my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAZpxG_VWs

This again will be a benchmark ball for many people. It is strong enough to throw on the fresh, and when polished it is clean enough for lighter or broken down conditions.

If you missed out on drilling a Sigma Tour or if you are looking for a ball that is similar in shape as the Sigma Tour but maybe need more overall hook order yourself a Sigma Hybrid. Available starting April 13th!

MOTIV Staff Member
Mike Magolan

striker12
03-25-2012, 06:53 PM
nice video the ball looks soo nice and the colours are nice together and also that was a lucky strike jsut triping both the 7-10 pins at the same time nice shooting

Stormed1
03-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Ordered the 2 ball pro shop special last Friday. I will have 1 OOB and 1 polished

MOTIVmags
03-28-2012, 12:47 PM
MOTIV's releases this year have some of the best shelf appeal out there (Of course they strike as well).