PDA

View Full Version : Book crushes field in first round of qualifying at pba world championship

onefrombills
10-21-2008, 11:30 PM
PBA Tour exempt bowler Todd Book crushed the competition after the first block of qualifying in the PBA World Championship in Wichita, Kan., which kicked off the start of the 50th Anniversary season of the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour.

“I took the entire summer off to clear my head and get a fresh start coming into the 2008-2009 season,” said Book, who led the entire field of 195 competitors by nearly 40 pins. “I recently moved back to my hometown of Wapakoneta, Ohio, my personal life is great and I’m excited for the start of the tour season.”

Book, a second-year exempt bowler on the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour, finished second to Rhino Page last season in the 2007-2008 Rookie of the Year voting and finished 29th in the 2007-08 PBA World Point Rankings.

“Although I regained my exemption last year, I am disappointed with my performance last season. I want to finish higher on the PBA World Point Rankings this season and finish towards the top. However my motto is to take things one step at a time, one shot at a time and that’s what I plan to do this season,” added Book.

Book has a great past history competing in the PBA World Championship.

“I’ve bowled in this event twice and been seeded to the Super 16 both times after qualifying (finishing 10th overall in 2007-2008 and 14th overall in 2006-2007),” said Book. “I definitely like this (oil) pattern and it always helps to have a good pairing when making moves and following the transition on the lane. I crossed with Jesse Buss (a recent Wichita State University alum) and this young guy can bowl; he has a bright future ahead of him,” said Book, who wanted to make sure he mentioned to say hello to Amy and his kids.

Hometown hero Sean Rash is currently second in the standings after the first round of qualifying.

The PBA World Championship features 195 competitors, representing 12 different countries, which are separated into three squads of qualifying (A, B and C). Each squad will bowl one 6-game block each day over three days, completing 18 total games of qualifying. Tomorrow’s competition continues with block two of qualifying.