PDA

View Full Version : Vivid review by Storm Staffer Scott Widmer

SWidmer
03-26-2012, 10:14 PM
My layout: 60 degrees by 4 7/8 with 2" buffer

Before I threw a shot with the Vivid I thought it would be an immediate replacement to my Nano. After bowling with the Vivid for a month now on a variety of shots I am sure it's not a replacement at all. It's a great go-to ball when squaring up with my Nano results in too much backend reaction. The Vivid smooths out the reaction without sacrificing any hitting power whatsoever.

This ball feels much stronger overall than the Nano. The Vivid reads the lane sooner and does not cover as many boards on the backend of the lane as the Nano will. This is mostly due to the 2000 abralon finish of the Vivid versus the 4000 abralon finish of the Nano.

I have used the Vivid on the 2012 Nationals shot at the end of our PBA Experience league (on Brunswick Pro Anvilane) in addition to a few practice sessions on the same surface getting ready for our Nationals trip this year. Each time I've bowled the Vivid provided a very good look early on. I expect the Vivid to provide a great one-two punch with my Modern Marvel on the fresh this year.

striker12
03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
nice i want to get a vivid but need to get the one and then it will be my first storm ball and it would be a good buy too