PDA

View Full Version : bowling Consistant 200's!

o0 DraastiK
03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
After 6 months or so of bowling seriously, I can honestly and confidently say I've improved my game a WHOLE lot. When I first started bowling, it was basically a dream to get a strike. After i got strikes, it was a dream to get over 120.

At the end of our winter league(fun league) My average was at 179, which was a MAJOR difference from the 113 I started with. The house I shoot at has probably 2-3 people that will watch when I practice bowl and help me adjust and point out my differences. Here's some of what they've told me.

1. Lower your ball weight. Towards the end of our practice, I tend to be in pain with tendinitis, and my wrist gets loose causing more gutter balls or missing my mark entirely
2. I don't need a vertical swing, go back as straight, and come out strong.
3. Don't move my arm out to compensate for me trying to avoid my leg, if I release right with my leg back, I won't hit my leg.
4. Slow WAY down on spares and don't over compensate the target. I tend to aim and move way too far left or right for my spares which causes it to either go right in the gutter or a complete whiff.
5. Don't cross my arm on release to generate more hook.

Last night while practicing, there was NO oil on the lanes, after 2 games of using my resin, I decided to move right and use the plastic ball. My final 4 games were 213, 177, 201, and a 222. I'm consistent with a plastic ball, but not my resin. I tend to try and hook it WAY too much, even standing way over on the left dot and aiming out. Tonight while practicing I'm going to try to do what I did with my plastic, move right and try to get the correct ball speed and hook.

striker12
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
nice job i had to the same thing but i just took videos of my self bowling and on a internet page watched some pros bowling and see if i was doing anything way different and i was soo i would watch and learn abit more and then go to the bowling allie and fix what i was doing wrong,

but know im getting back into the grove of my high games i have been on a down hill slump for awhile but starting to get back to the top.

but one thing we do different is the spares u slow down i pick my speed up alittle more cause then i get alittle move on the backend whcih mvoes into the pins cause i throw the same ball for spares and strikes.

billf
03-27-2012, 10:10 PM
I also hook the heck out of my plastic spare ball on dry lanes. It's fun and amazes the uneducated ones...however, being plastic and dry, you can put as much hook/hand/finger in it you want because it will only accept so much before the ball just ignores the rest. When practicing on dry lanes with your resin try starting 5 boards left (if you are right handed) of your plastic and keep the same target. For me, that is usually the difference between dry and a THS. Sounds like you need to remember the same thing I do: The ball is made to hook, don't try to make it do so because it has an adverse affect.

striker12
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
well billf thats a good idea too move 5 board left for rightys but as hes saying for his resin hes trying to hook it way to much, theres another way to reduce that hook if you are able to stay consistant with it but it takes awhile to learn this cause its hard on dryer lanes but its alittle loft, not like mike jones form bowlingball.com where he throws it past the arrows but just alittle it reduses hook abit and will make the ball move farther down the lane cause u jsut took part of then lane out.

i do this when the lanes burn out with my hell raiser revenge and thats all i do to adjust but yeah throwing a plastic ball up the right side is ok but remember the ball will mvoe abit too much if it starts moving earlyer soo the thing i do is i move to the 15 board and pull abit of the revs off it cause im close to throwing right at the pocket and the plastic ball only has to do alittle move and it still hits the pocket hard and gets me good count.