PDA

View Full Version : Bowling league management software

DavidSmith
03-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi guys,

I want to use a league management software for the next season. Is there someone who knows a good software that is easy to use?

Thanks,

David Smith

striker12
03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
here go to this site here theres a few of them on here you jsut pick which one you would want.

http://www.bowlsearch.com/Software/League_Management_Software/

on this one you can pick to manage your league stuff and if you scorll down alittle from that one theres alot one to caculate your league avg and handycap

bowl1820
03-29-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm assuming you mean the software for running the league.

While there are some others CDE's Bowling League Secretary is the main one used everywhere.
http://www.cdesoftware.com/

You could take a look here also at Perfect Secretary
http://www.treasuresoftware.com/ps.html

DavidSmith
03-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks Guys,

I will take a look at this.

DavidSmith
04-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi everybody,

I tried some softwares you mentioned above but I must tell you that the more interresting and easy to use software that I found is a web portal named BowlingStats.

I suggest you to take a look at this website: www.bowling-stats.com. No need to install any software on my computer :). I will go ahead with this site for my next season.

Thanks again!

bowl1820
04-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Looks okay for a web based alternative and if you have only one league, with a small number of teams. But I believe the CDE software "BLS" would be more cost effective?

Good luck with runnng the league! Let us know how it goes.

DavidSmith
04-03-2012, 08:36 AM
BowlingStat supports up to 24 teams per league. This is correct for almost all leagues. And yes you are right, if you want to register a lot of leagues then BowlingStats is slightly more expensive.

I love the web based concept of BowlingStats.

bowl1820
04-03-2012, 09:07 AM
BowlIng-stats --1 league of 24 teams, 1 full season is $192.00 expires 1 year after starting bowling date. So youd have to buy it again next year.

Bls 2012 standard-- As many leagues as you want of up to 200 teams, Not just one season is $119.00. You can use it next year or if you want to update to the newer version , the upgrade is cheap.

Bls 2012 pro is $189.00 and does even more like running brackets.

DavidSmith
04-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the infos.

My league has 16 teams. If I compare:

BowlingStats:

128$ (including tax) for one year. All statistics are availables on the internet immediately. Also, you can enter your score on any computer you want at any location.

BLS Software:

Initial cost for Standard Edition: $119 (No PDF Report Export, No Additional Reports, No Recap Sheets Preview, ...)
Initial cost for Pro Edition: $189 (with all features).

Upgrade version for next year: $29

Also, if you want all stats on the internet (including Graphs) then you need to upload your data to the league secretary website and pay for league Membership: 49.95$ per year. I don't know if you must have the latest release to upload data on the web.

I think the choice depend on what you really need.

bowl1820
04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the infos.

My league has 16 teams. If I compare:

BowlingStats:

128$ (including tax) for one year. All statistics are availables on the internet immediately. Also, you can enter your score on any computer you want at any location.

BLS Software:

Initial cost for Standard Edition: $119 (No PDF Report Export, No Additional Reports, No Recap Sheets Preview, ...)
Initial cost for Pro Edition: $189 (with all features).

Upgrade version for next year: $29

Also, if you want all stats on the internet (including Graphs) then you need to upload your data to the league secretary website and pay for league Membership: 49.95$ per year. I don't know if you must have the latest release to upload data on the web.

I think the choice depend on what you really need.

Since you have a small league the web base manager would be fine.

and just to be clear to everyone, I'm not telling anyone to buy one or the other, I'm just comparing the programs.

As for BLS Software:
Uploading is free-
FREE uploading standings to LeagueSecretary.com for certified USBC leagues AND non-sanctioned leagues.
All the basic reports are free for bowlers to see on leaguesecretary and they can download the standings, recaps,schedules as a pdf.

You also have-
FREE uploading standings to USBC's own Bowl.com for certified leagues
FREE uploading standings to USBC's own Bowl.com for certified Sport leagues
FREE uploading of USBC PBA Experience / Sports League Data to SportBowling.com
You can also upload to your own site.

And $29 to upgrade the next year is cheaper than another $128.

The $49.00 is for a League Premium Membership to the leaguesecretary website, that allows all league bowlers in one league to view the Premium content of the site. Which are 8 things most bowlers don't care about, so thats $49 you don't needed to spend.

Premium Membership content
Bowler Comparison
Bowler Graphs
League Comparison
League Graphs
Team Comparison
Team Graphs
Ability to add Ball and Lane Condition Info
removes ad on webpage (which if you have ad blocking plug-in in your browser, you'll never see it anyway)

If a individual bowler really wanted to see the premium content it's $14.95 and they can pay themselves.

For those interested in whats free content and premium content on league sec. website here's a link
http://www.leaguesecretary.com/upgrade.aspx

------------------

What Additional Reports doesn't the standard BLS do?
---------------
As for the Initial cost for Pro Edition: being $189 (with all features of standard plus additional ones), yeah that's what I said it was.

On Bowlingstats $192 only lets you do 1 league of 24 teams for one season/year. And If someone wanted to do more than one league, the price is more than high.
---------

As I said since you have a small league and you like it, the web base manager is fine.

IMO It just seems paying $128 and your limited to 16 teams for only 1 year, looks a little high. compared to the $119 for BLS with unlimited leagues and up to 200 teams.

DavidSmith
04-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks for your reply