PDA

View Full Version : Polar Ice

cmsubowler
03-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Hello all and thanks for reading. Please let me know if you have any questions. Our video for this review is posted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC02XlCHVeE

So the Polar Ice is new in the Ice line for Storm. The urethane coverstock is great and it also comes in all weights which has been a big hit in our pro shop for some of our lighter weight sales being more durable than some of the light weight plastics on the market. I personally do not have the hand that I used to in order to omfortably "turn it up" and make this ball work consistently so I generally use this ball for my spares and just in case I have nothing else to go to and need to get out of a game with a consistent reaction. I opted for the solid because I didn't need the extra length that the pearl version provides.

I was very excited about this video taping session because it allowed me to use a two handed technique that I have been messing with. I know I don't have the ball peed that the professionals and full time two handers do but I can make it work sometimes. I compared this ball to the Breeze solid and you can easily see the weaker coverstock gets down the lane easily and never over reacts. This ball is much weaker than the Natural and Natural Pearls and will allow you to stay on a much straighter line throughout your session. Enjoy this new piece whether your using it for spares strikes or just starting out. For you new two handers or no thumbers this piece is a must have to keep your shot under control.