PDA

View Full Version : Modern Marvel

cmsubowler
03-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Hello all and thanks for reading. The video that goes with this video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM7mBXeL6aw&list=UUUdapKcbpNzp3PGwdo7P6GQ&index=1&feature=plcp

What can I say about the Modern Marvel. Great ball. For those of you who have had the pleasure of throwing the Prodigy and always thought there was something missing like a little bit more backend motion, well you are in luck. All the strength of the Prodigy with the backend reaction like you are on a fresh oil with a crisp dry final 20 feet of backend.

In the video you can see I compare to the a Marvel Pearl with a low pin. The Pearl gets down the lane easily with a much smoother backend move due to a lower pin and lower RG drilling. The Modern being a hybrid coverstock gets down the lane just as easily even with a more rough box surface and as you can see picks up a much stronger midlane roll before turning left. I needed to keep the Modern Marvel more in the middle in the heavier oil and push the Marvel Pearl to the dry a little more to get them back to the pocket. The Modern Marvel is a great starter ball on the fresh oil and can help cut through the heaviest of oil patterns. The core of this entire series has been a great addition to the Storm lineup and continues to is great success with the Modern Marvel. Lower Rev Rates or higher speed bowlers benefit greatly from using this ball on the fresh and can certainly become a benchmark for someone who is slightly speed dominant. This is a great piece for anyones arsenal, great job to Storm once again.