PDA

View Full Version : Storm Natural Pearl Review, by youth bowler Zack Cox.

ztbowler15
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
When i got this ball, i was more excited than ever, i knew that this low performance ball was going to be perfect for light oil. My first time on the lanes with it was the best. my first shot went from about 25 at the arrows to 5 at the breakpoint, and went brooklyn! the ball came back with an 8 inch flare, in my mind I was thinking that it wouldnt be good for light oil. but after a few games it mellowed out alot! then i could play with it from about 10 at the arrows to 5 at the breakpoint. as of now i have about 90-100 games on it, and it still hits like a truck. but be aware, on VERY light oil, this ball wil get you no where. it hooks to early and breaks way to much, even with urethane. so I reccomend this ball to anyone looking for a good ball on medium/light conditions. on really light oil dont use this, use like a tropical storm, tropical breeze, or a hammer taboo spare, i hope i helped you guys out, this ball gets 4 out of 5 stars on my book, because it is advertised for light oil, but because of my rev rate it rolls out early.

Thanks, Zack

billf
04-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks Zach. I'm picking mine up Wednesday and can't wait. As of now I use my Storm Ice spare ball for my third game due to the lack of oil in my house. The pro shop operator said since our oiler was serviced the oil is half as thick but a little longer. All I know is that I barely get any oil, even at the start of league. Tonight I was laying the Ice down at 13, breaking at 5 and was still going brooklyn until I took a ton of hand out of it.

ztbowler15
04-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Sweet! Its a great ball! just be careful how you lay it out. thinking about it, it probably wasnt good for me on really dry lanes because of my rev rate. Its a really dependable ball though and i think you'll love it.