PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Defiant Review, by Youth bowler, Zack Cox

ztbowler15
04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Average: 199
Ball speed:17mph
Rev Rate: 504

Hey guys, I bought this ball because I needed a ball for the heaviest of oil conditions. from the reviews I read, it looked like it would get the job done. I got it from a local Pro-Shop, and got it drilled up to go long, and snap HARD. The very first ball I threw was on a 40ft THS (typical house shot). I stood as far left as I could knowing the potential of this ball, and with my rev rate I knew it was going to HOOK. I threw it, of course it was WAY brooklyn. It came out of the ball return with a flare that covered the whole ball (wish i could have gotten a pic), I was astounded! I figured since it hooked so much I would throw in a little gutter lofting, I was throwing it from inside the 7th arrow out to about 4-6, and it was just Demolishing the pocket! Of course after the first couple games, it started to calm down a little to where I could throw from about 30 at the laydown to about 6 at the breakpoint with no loft. I didnt notice any decrease in hook until about 40 games. Now I can move right and go a little straiter to the pocket. You guys should go check out my video, its in the forums under Roto Grip Reaction videos, comment and tell me what you think. Anyway, I would Defenitly recomend this ball to anyone wanting a ball for heavy oil. You have been warned though, this is a VERY strong ball, and only get it if you know what your doing! Overall the Roto Grip Defiant gets 5 out of 5 stars in my book, because it has so much more potential than advertised. You can change the cover to anything you like, from 1000 grit Abralon to 4000 grit polish, it can handle it all.

Thanks, Zack.

P.S. If you want to know more info on the ball, just message me. thanks!