PDA

View Full Version : Favorite bowler?

billf
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I wish the woman would be on tv more. I like watching them. With their lower rev rates the form and accuracy has to be spot on. My favorites are Shannon O'Keefe, Missy Parker, CDB, Stephanie Nation and Shannon Pulhowski

My favorite male bowlers are Norm Duke, Bill O'Neil, Mike Fagan and Rhino Page. Walter Ray Williams Jr has been a favorite for as long as I can remember. I like watching Sean Rash...it shows me that raw physical talent doesn't mean squat if you can't control between the ears. One day he may finally put it all together for at least a whole season but right now I'm sure he would settle for one whole televised match.

coachkapps
04-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Walter Ray in a landslide for me. Love his accuracy on spares and his somewhat quirky swing. Also like Norm Duke as well as others but always pull for WRW.

bowl1820
04-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Mine was Del Ballard back when he was on tv a lot. He had a look, his focus was like a laser coming out his eyes.

It was a shame when he threw that gutter ball, he was never same after that.

billf
04-03-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm sure it's of no solace to Del but after seeing that clip of the gutter, I throw a straight ball when all I need is 8 pins to win. Given the attention of that game and the media not letting it go, I can see how he couldn't either. He does seem to be a wonderful coach who has the respect of the pros.

bowl1820
04-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm sure it's of no solace to Del but after seeing that clip of the gutter, I throw a straight ball when all I need is 8 pins to win.

Thats basically what he said afterwards in a interview. he said he rushed the shot and threw it in the gutter. Next time straight ball down the middle.

resstealth
04-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Jason Belmonte, Mike Fagan, and PDW are my top 3.

The Mayor
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Walter Ray has always been my favorite. Norm is right behind him and I love to watch the 2 handers, especially Osku. Also, I'm a big fan of Ryan Shafer and Jeff Carter (even though he's not on tour anymore)

swingset
04-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Someone showed me a video of Japanese girls bowling naked. Apparently it's a big hit over there. So, I'm gonna say that all of the women on that tape are now my favorite bowlers.

Sorry Norm Duke, you can't compete with that.

billf
04-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Someone showed me a video of Japanese girls bowling naked. Apparently it's a big hit over there. So, I'm gonna say that all of the women on that tape are now my favorite bowlers.

Sorry Norm Duke, you can't compete with that.

I'm with holding comment until I know for sure that they are not female Sumo wrestlers bowling naked. Just saying, not my taste.

greycat
04-05-2012, 01:31 AM
well, this isn't the nude but covers the rest. Bowling Revolution P-league (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_Revolution_P-League). and here's Final 36 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmCIGTV3Cto) I would checkout earlier videos from the tourney otherwise you have to wait for the start of 37 to air.

to get captions you need to use translate audio then translate captions in youtube

Stormed1
04-05-2012, 02:33 AM
The women of the P_League throw it real well.

got_a_300
04-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Well lets see my favorite bowler would have to be ME/Myself........... LOL!!!! j/k
I'd have to say probably Duke is my number one all time favorite followed by WRW
then PDW then Belmo

Grimthrow
04-05-2012, 11:48 PM
My favorite right now...Mike Fagan. Favorite all time...WRW.

Norm Duke and PDW will always be a close second and third. Love watching them.

Grimthrow
04-05-2012, 11:49 PM
And oh yeah, I also like Ernie Schlegel's flair

Etrain
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
i have to say i like watching belmo and osku because there so entertaining to watch and of course pete weber, but as far as favorit s go im up in the air

billf
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Jack Jurek is a favorite too. Not because he lights the world on fire but because of his sportsmanship and respect he gives everyone. Not too many people would help calm their opponent down so the opposition could win their first major.

martin
05-11-2012, 11:43 PM
well my all time favorite is Norm Duke.. like his funny style.. :D next on the list of favorite bowlers are Tommy Jones and Jason Belmonte (i get my inspiration of bowling 2-handed from him)

MICHAEL
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I would have to say Norm Duke!! In my short bowling time, I have always felt comfortable throwing the ball down the second arrow and standing center to left. I was missing a few mechanical things that his instructional vedio brought out..... Wow what a differance it has made!! He is a no frills style of bowling, simple and impressive!

MICHAEL
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Belmo!! His two hand delivery is so unique that it is fun for me to watch him in action! I tried it, and I almost wound up throwing several things out of place!!
New Blood, New style, keeps bowling Fresh and new!! (Norm Duke/Belmo) my choices

MICHAEL
05-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Del Ballard ?? What happen with the gutter ball??? Is it on U tube?? Story sounds interesting!!

billf
05-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Del Ballard ?? What happen with the gutter ball??? Is it on U tube?? Story sounds interesting!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vyxr-i1JyA

J Anderson
05-12-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't really have a favorite bower. I do enjoy watching and rooting for many of those already listed. Johnny Petraglia and Parker Bohn III are the two lefties that I wish I could copy in my game. Brian Voss was always entertaining with his reactions to what had just happened on the pin deck.

got_a_300
05-15-2012, 12:32 AM

How about this one here Marshall Holman throws double gutter balls in the same frame
Marshall Holman double gutter ball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLTQjZxcy8U) in the 1990 PBA ABC Fall Classic

martin
05-15-2012, 12:44 AM
How about this one here Marshall Holman throws double gutter balls in the same frame
Marshall Holman double gutter ball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLTQjZxcy8U) in the 1990 PBA ABC Fall Classic

saw that one on youtube yesterday.. he was completely shocked.. wonder what happened to him back then with those 2 balls?

eugene02
05-15-2012, 12:52 AM
personally I like how Sean Rash throws, Chris Barnes, Norm Duke, Mike Fagan and Jason Belmonte. :)

Florida Bowler
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Norm Duke, WRW, Chris Barnes