PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on My Arsenal

MRod088
04-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Roto Grip Defiant...Storm Crossroad...Storm Frantic...Black Ice for 10pins!!!

What do you guys think?

resstealth
04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Sounds pretty good, would like to know how they're drilled.

striker12
04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
ok well i see 1 thing you got 2 polished mid performace balls you should get one dulled up cause it omes in handy when you got 1 polished and 1 sanded cause the polished could be sliding too much soo the sanded will catch traction abit sooner, but they are some good balls, have never threw a storm or roto grip befor but ik some people that throw them and he has already got 3 300s this year with the frantic.

yeah you should say what the specs are on the ball and also you should use your storm ice for more then just the 10pins you should use it for 6pins too, soo if you leave up the 6-7-10 split you already know you cna hit the 6pin easyly just need to adjust 2 board to get the ball down the right side of it

MRod088
04-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Ok thanks guys, I don't know the layouts off the top of my head right now but will get them tonight!!

MRod088
04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
If any of your guys have any other balls that would fit in with the ones I posted then feel free!!

striker12
04-07-2012, 05:29 PM
you should get a entry level ball in there cause if you end up bowling on a lane condtionw ehre theres not that much oil a plastic ball will mvoe but not much but if you got a entry level ball then you can throw the ball like you would if there was oil on the lanes.

ideas for a entry lvl ball the c300 freezes r good i use one, another ball is the track 300c

JerseyJim
04-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I think you have everything covered from desert dry lanes to heavy oil. Most of the time you won't hit desert conditions, if that's the case, then the Black Ice would do. I've used polyester balls on heavy oil back in the '70s, and was pretty successful. If you hit dry conditions a lot, then consider the Natural.

Timmytomma
04-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Looks awesome...I'm pretty jealous lol

sinteddy
04-11-2012, 04:31 AM
so Frantic is a good fit between Crossroad and the spare bal?
I am in the same situation as you.

I have Vivid - Crossroad - Mainframe.

I am looking for a ball that fit between Crossroad and Mainframe.

I have the new "Fringe" , "Manic" , " frantic " , and the new Solid Tropical heat in mind.

please give me advise.

The Mayor
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM
teddy, I'd take a look at the Fringe (with a mild layout), Tropical Heat Orange/Purple or Tropical Breeze Kona Blue/Silver. It would be good to have a pearl in your arsenal for when the front part of the lanes burn up. Your style, rev rate and speed would determine which would be the best option.

The Mayor
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
MRod, the only issues I could see you possibly having would be when the Defiant becomes too much ball and hooks too early, but the Crossroad isn't enough. Something like the Modern Marvel or Critical Theory would fit nicely here. You also could change the surface of the Crossroad to say 2000, no polish to fill that gap a bit. The only other thing you might want to do is get something for when the lanes are too dry for the Frantic. The Ice could work, but it would be better to have something like the Tropical Breeze which has a core which will help carry. The Breeze has very low differential, so low flare which is awesome on dry lanes.

Stormed1
04-12-2012, 01:38 PM
I would probable look at a Tropical Breeze to fill the gap between the Frantic and your Ice. It would be a bigger step down than the Tropical Heat as they are quite strong as far as entry level balls go and the Breeze would be milder overall

MRod088
04-14-2012, 02:26 PM
MRod, the only issues I could see you possibly having would be when the Defiant becomes too much ball and hooks too early, but the Crossroad isn't enough. Something like the Modern Marvel or Critical Theory would fit nicely here. You also could change the surface of the Crossroad to say 2000, no polish to fill that gap a bit. The only other thing you might want to do is get something for when the lanes are too dry for the Frantic. The Ice could work, but it would be better to have something like the Tropical Breeze which has a core which will help carry. The Breeze has very low differential, so low flare which is awesome on dry lanes.

Thanks! I know what your saying and I actually have just recently changed my crossroad to 2000 w/o polish and true...Would the heat be a good choice also?

jaydee
04-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Kinda hard to assess without knowing your speed, revs, tilt, rotation. Also don't know the layouts or ball surface. Finally we don't know if you bowl just leagues or tournaments too, and what type of lanes and oil patterns you face.

With what very little information you provided, I could probably say there's a gap between the Defiant and Crossroad/Frantic, and another gap between Crossroad/Frantic and Black Ice. But without knowing the above, we're all just guessing if you need something else, and what it would be.

MRod088
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Kinda hard to assess without knowing your speed, revs, tilt, rotation. Also don't know the layouts or ball surface. Finally we don't know if you bowl just leagues or tournaments too, and what type of lanes and oil patterns you face.

With what very little information you provided, I could probably say there's a gap between the Defiant and Crossroad/Frantic, and another gap between Crossroad/Frantic and Black Ice. But without knowing the above, we're all just guessing if you need something else, and what it would be.

My speed is anywhere from 14-16mph...Revs-Average..Not exactly sure about tilt and rotation but I know my track is about 2-3 inches away from my finger holes. I bowl in leagues and tournaments. Patterns I mostly face are 90% THS and 10% middle road. Thanks

jaydee
04-19-2012, 07:50 AM
My speed is anywhere from 14-16mph...Revs-Average..Not exactly sure about tilt and rotation but I know my track is about 2-3 inches away from my finger holes. I bowl in leagues and tournaments. Patterns I mostly face are 90% THS and 10% middle road. Thanks

Can you be a little more specific about revs? And are your house shots heavy, medium or light oil? I bowl on two different THS's, one is heavy oil on synthetic lanes, other is light oil on wood lanes. As you can imagine, they play completely different.

MRod088
04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Can you be a little more specific about revs? And are your house shots heavy, medium or light oil? I bowl on two different THS's, one is heavy oil on synthetic lanes, other is light oil on wood lanes. As you can imagine, they play completely different.

Revs- Prob around 300...my house shot is medium/heavy unless I go to practice a random day then there usually burnt up and oh yes I know I've played on half synthetic half wood before