PDA

View Full Version : sunday league nightmares dead, black wood...seriously

rastamaoli
04-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Happy Easter Y'all.

Ok help ASAP!! I have to kill the scores tomorrow on our houses toughest lane. The kegel condition I'm ok with... It's probably a 40-something ft., Bourbon street layout. The lanes have damage to them, I shot it with my phone. Do you see it?? The concern is the black-dead wood on my left lane. Let me know what you would do? Seems to be very sensitive when I roll over it: ex. 22/15-17/10/19-18 My only solution is to loft it; so the roll starts to happen after the black marks. Thanks.

rastamaoli
04-07-2012, 09:08 PM
My phone cant upload pic. Darn let's just say the first 30 is synthetic then right at the transistion from synthetic to wood, it is black, grooved, damaged and is very very sensitive it kills your area between (RH) 20-10 board. Please advise if my strategy of loft is smart idea, or will I cause more problems when it begins to dry out?

J Anderson
04-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Let's see if I understand the problem. The left hand lane has a damaged area between boards 10 and 20 starting about half way down the lane. What does this area cause the ball to do? Roll out early? Hook too late? hook too early?
I guess its enough to know that you have to avoid it.
Lofting is probably not a good strategy, if only for the fact that if you start lofting 35 to 40 feet down the lane the manager is eventually going to notice and threaten to throw you out if you keep doing it.
I would play left-handed on that pair but that's not an option in most USBC sanctioned leagues or for most bowlers.
The next option would be to try and go around it to the right. Either a fairly mild ball straight down 5 or a stronger one thrown over 10 at the arrows out to 3 or 4.