PDA

View Full Version : good sparing

martin
04-09-2012, 11:17 PM
i bowled last sunday and was quite happy that i didn't really miss much.. only a couple of open frames here and there.. and especially the 7-pin and 10-pin where i usually struggled, i didn't miss a single one.. :D

billf
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Good job. I had a Saturday night that was frustrating and gratifying all at the same time. I had a clean game but no strikes...ALL spares for a 191. Twice I left the 1,2,4,7,10 and the 3-10 a few times. The way I wasn't controlling the ball, I was lucky not to leave any big splits.

J Anderson
04-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Good job. I had a Saturday night that was frustrating and gratifying all at the same time. I had a clean game but no strikes...ALL spares for a 191. Twice I left the 1,2,4,7,10 and the 3-10 a few times. The way I wasn't controlling the ball, I was lucky not to leave any big splits.

No offense intended, but the highest possible score with no strikes is 190.

chrono00
04-11-2012, 12:46 AM

lowest possible score with 9 strikes?

martin
04-11-2012, 01:19 AM

maybe he had a strike in the very last throw? btw, missed out a couple of things in my original post.. i had such a good day, i even converted some tough splits.. twice the 2-4-10 and once the 6-7..

J Anderson
04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Great conversions! I usually don't really try to convert anything bigger than the 5-7 or 5-10 except for the first and last frames. Especially if I'm working on a strike.

billf
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I will see if I can have the center print it out. Must have had a strike somewhere that I didn't catch.

striker12
04-11-2012, 10:07 AM
just last sunday i converted the 7-10split and did not even know it untill people where telling me nice job i just grabed my ball and did not get read for the approach jsut walked up and threw the ball and i ended up getting it, it was funny cause i was hopping for the open frame to get a 210 cause my first game was a 208 and 2nd game 209 but then the last game 220-dame

martin
04-11-2012, 11:18 PM
just last sunday i converted the 7-10split and did not even know it untill people where telling me nice job i just grabed my ball and did not get read for the approach jsut walked up and threw the ball and i ended up getting it, it was funny cause i was hopping for the open frame to get a 210 cause my first game was a 208 and 2nd game 209 but then the last game 220-dame

lol.. that happens often in life, doesn't it? when we hope for something, we don't get it, and when we don't hope for something, we get it..

billf
04-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I went to the center for practice and pulled up Saturdays games. My first frame was a strike but that was the only one. At the time I was upset that I went from a 260 to a 191 and didn't even notice it was a clean game until we were writing the scores down.

striker12
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
yeah soo or know on im just going to walk up and just throw the ball and not even care about it cause it has happened ocne it might happen again but funny thing that happened on sunday i forgot about till know,

i left up 3 single 5 pins and i only hit it once the first time i missed to the right alittle then on the 2nd one i hit right dead on and on the 3rd one i missed just to the left it was funny when you think of it right-center-left lol

martin
04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
yeah soo or know on im just going to walk up and just throw the ball and not even care about it cause it has happened ocne it might happen again but funny thing that happened on sunday i forgot about till know,

i left up 3 single 5 pins and i only hit it once the first time i missed to the right alittle then on the 2nd one i hit right dead on and on the 3rd one i missed just to the left it was funny when you think of it right-center-left lol

lol.. i think that happened to me before also..

billf
04-12-2012, 11:27 PM
5 pins? A 5 pin is just a pocket shot, it will hit the left side. Miss a little right and it will hit dead on. Most 5 pins are left from the first ball hitting the brooklyn side.

chrono00
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
usually sure. but I had a 200 game go out the window because of a 5 pin. working on 4 in a row, bury the pocket again in the 10th only to somehow leave a 5-7-10

striker12
04-13-2012, 03:50 PM
yeah 5pins are easy to hit but when you end up not thinking on which pin you got up you will normaly mess up the shot but also i was useing my new DV8 too reckless and im not sure how it fully works yet but i did do good with it right out of the box but still learning on how it moves on the lanes to beable to adjust to some shots.

billf
04-13-2012, 10:39 PM
The first time I saw this slit was in a high school regional. The girl calmly walked over, grabbed a 6lbs house ball and picked it up. The very next frame she left it AGAIN and followed the same routine. She changed balls after that. I have seen it several times since but still haven't quite figured out how it happens on what appear to be fairly decent shots. Anyway, leaving a 5 pin, especially in a split, is quite different than missing the 5 as a single pin spare. It's like missing the 1 pin as a single pin spare, usually a lack of concentration. After all, don't we all occasionally take a shot for granted?