GRstorm
04-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Hand: Left
Ball Speed: 16-17mph
Ball Weight: 15lbs
PAP: 5 left 7/16 up
Degrees of Tilt: 17
Layout: 5 ˝ x 3 x 1

I drilled the Vivid with the pin up really high above my ring finger. Drilling the Vivid in a weaker state and keeping it strong was a total surprise! I could not believe how strong the Vivid is. It has the Virtual Gravity Nano cover but with a new weight block. I have not seen a ball that goes through the pins with so much power and keeps driving through the pin deck like it does. This is probably the earliest reading ball I have seen from storm. I have rolled it on many different sport patterns and the Vivid made it look like a house shot. It for sure likes oil. It is not a ball that goes down long with a strong snappy backend. This ball is really smooth and controllable. It for sure fits in between the 2 nanos. If u want something smooth for oil this is the ball for you.

I have a video on youtube and a picture of my ball and the layout on facebook. If you have any questions about the Vivid email me at grichardson7716@aol.com.

Garrett Richardson
Storm/Roto Grip Amateur Staff
Vise Inserts Amateur Staff
The Bowler’s Advantage
www.facebook.com/grstorm
www.stormbowling.com
www.rotogrip.com
www.viseinserts.com

hoppy1605
04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I have had the Vivid now for about 3 weeks and can't get the hang of it. I average 176, have it drilled with the pin about 1/2" above ring finger and center of gravity right below. Doesn't want to give me that back end snap that my Anarchy does. I'm thinking about getting it re-drilled, but as of right now I always pull out my Marvel and Anarchy after a few practice throughs.

If you don't have a lot of revs, you may want to think about the nano or anarchy.

striker12
04-17-2012, 10:05 AM
hoppy the vivid is a nice looking ball i have not thrown one yet and i would lvoe to throw one but give it a few more weeks and u will get itcause i got my HHR at the start of march and i just got the hang of it last week but i did have controll of it but it did move abit but it took me abit to find the perfect line and perfect hand postion

jaydee
04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
How does it compare to the Defiant in overall hooking ability in heavy oil?

hoppy1605
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
I hope your right, 'cause it is a sweet looking ball (1/2 the reason I got it). I will prob use it more on the PBA experience league in the summer.

striker12
04-18-2012, 08:53 AM
the vivid is a good ball i have watched the videos on youtube and bowlingball.com and it works realy well it just takes time to get use to a new ball cause me i use to cross board alot but know im standing around 25 throwing from 20-10 board and i get alot of revs when i throw the ball but also my ball is drilled close to weak because of my high revs if i had it strong then it would move in way to much.

striker12
04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
How does it compare to the Defiant in overall hooking ability in heavy oil?

jaydee not sure how to compare the defiant to the vivid or the HHR i have never seen 1 go down the lane in person just in videos and as you know everyone is different and every bowling allie is different but if it was too me i would say the HHR has more of a hook on heavy oil then both those balls,

between the vivid and defiant i should maby say the defiant cause of the core that it was it will flip into the pocket nicely but the vivid would go into the pocket with a sharp angle but hard its hard to decide unless i thrown both of them for my self