PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Raptor Attack Review

Dugbark
04-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Bowler Stats-Ball Speed 17 MPH Rev Rate-App 275 Axis of Rotation-30 to 60 degrees Axis Tilt 22 degrees Right Handed

The Motive Raptor Attack is designed for heavy or medium to long oil patterns. The ball performs as advertised. It pushes through the heads with ease as on fresh shots with high volume of oil in the heads, revs up in the midlanes and make a very strong move to the pocket. The change in direction is sharper the the Cruel LE as well as reading the lane later then the Raptor or either of the Cruels. The Raptor Attack can cover an equal number of boards as any of the Motiv Assym equipment if there is sufficient dry area. For me, this ball plays much better from the track area and deeper as it saves plenty of hitting power for the drive to the pocket. I have successfully used the Raptor playing inside, at times deep inside when few others could go there, and swinging the ball to the dry as well as playing the track. The Raptor Attack (and Raptor P7) Asymmetrical Core provides a unique look on the lane that should easily allow a bowler to know when it's time to put this one up and ball down or change the shape of the roll. As long as there is sufficient oil in the heads and the mids and ample dry down lane the Raptor Attack is an excellent choice.
The Raptor Attack, as with all of the recent Motiv releases, does not seem to have a surface preference as it reacted well on all surfaces on which I have used it. The surface of the Attack takes and holds changes to surface of the ball very well. The ball also holds up very well to repeated use.

If you use this ball as designed on longer or heavier oil patterns, it is a very effective ball.

The Raptor Attack gives Motiv a piece of equipment for Motiv believers who needed a ball to cover a lot of boards with an asymmetrical skid snap reaction. I'm very colorblind but I've heard from multiple bowlers that the ball is very pleasing to the eye and will give it good shelf appeal.

Dug Barker
Motiv Staff
Bellarmine University Asst Coach
BTM Youth Writer
Ken-Bowl Lanes Youth Director
Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach