PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everybody

kb90
04-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Hey I'm from Ohio and joined this forum to gain further insight on which ball to get. It is time to update since I've been rolling a Hammer No Mercy for going on 6yrs now. Just in one league at the moment and believe it or not I'm carrying my highest avg ever (207) with this ball haha but I've been struggling the last couple weeks. I've had to modify my mechanics alot and sacrafice ball speed. I want something to where I can do my natural motion and speed around 17.5mph-18. I'm looking for something with more hook and finish. Ive been looking at the Storm Vivid and the DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge. What are your guys inputs on these balls or any other suggestions?

The Mayor
04-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the site!!

The Vivid and HRR will both me worlds stronger than your No Mercy. Both will also hook earlier. With either of these you will be able to throw the ball harder than you do with your No Mercy and still get the ball to hook. Without knowing any more about your style, I think these are two good choices.

billf
04-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Welcome. I have a couple of Revenge's and love them. I know a couple of guys with the Vivid. Both balls are excellent. From what I've seen Revenge carries a sharper, more angular breakpoint than the Vivid. You can't go wrong with either choice.

kb90
04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
thanks for the replies! What is the difference between the original hell raiser and the revenge? I've been doing some research and I'm liking the DV8 brand. Shoot I saw that you guys were giving a Revenge away a couple weeks ago...should have joined then lol haha :p But I would call my style a tweener...I usually line up left foot on the center dot and I throw "white board" I believe its between 1st and 2nd arrows...decent revs and a natural speed around 17-18mph.

billf
04-15-2012, 05:54 PM
The difference between the original Hell Raiser and the Revenge is....about 5 boards. Seriously, it hooks like nobody's business and just loves heavy oil. If you can generate at least 305 rpm rev rate and get the correct rotation, the Revenge will hook in an oil spill.
I love my Nexxus and had it drilled to max out the hook potential. I still have to stand about 5 boards right with it compared to the Revenge.

kb90
04-15-2012, 09:34 PM
ok gotcha so from what I described about my style do you think the hellraiser willl suit my needs? Do you think the revenge will be a little excessive and I will have a hard time controlling it when the lanes start to break down?

billf
04-15-2012, 11:15 PM
You will have to move further left with the Revenge from where you are now (maybe 7 boards) but most tweener's can handle that. If you are able to control/change your axis rotation then I believe you will be alright when the lanes breakdown. I haven't heard of anybody yet that was disappointed after purchasing and using the Revenge.

kb90
04-16-2012, 01:09 PM
ok thanks I think I would be able to adjust thanks for the opinion and insight billf...I am definitely excited to get a new ball and I am starting to narrow down my options. Too bad its nearing the end of the season in my league and I figured ill just finish it out with the No Mercy(its taken me this far haha). Ill get a new ball after that and break it in over the summer in preparation for next season.

billf
04-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't know what part of Ohio you are in but in my opinion, Matt Parker at The Bowlers Store in Huber Heights is the best driller in the area. Matt knows his stuff and works with the bowler to ensure the ball will do what is needed and wanted. He has drilled my last 7 balls and I drive by 12 pro shops, that I know of, to get to him.

kb90
04-17-2012, 08:35 AM
cool yea I'm in northern ohio...and I already go to the guy at the alley I bowl. He is also very experienced with drilling and I took my last 3 balls to him.

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 03:57 AM
I say the hammer balls are a nice addition :)

noeymc
11-23-2012, 12:57 AM
what part of northen ohio i am in Elyria

also if you like hammer i use the hammer deep purple taboo and love it i have fast ball speed and this ball still hooks for me welcome to the forum

noeymc
12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
blaa i already posted in here sorry