PDA

View Full Version : Contest Apr 23, 2012 to Apr 29, 2012 - Storm Vivid

BowlingBoards.com
04-23-2012, 12:05 AM
We are giving away a Storm Vivid for a random poster from Apr 23, 2012 through Apr 29, 2012.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Timmytomma
04-23-2012, 01:59 AM
As always, I hope I win, but this is one ball that I'm really excited about. Good luck all!

TheJourney
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
This, like the others, would be a great addition to my arsenal. Like Timmy said though, this ball really excites me. Would love to have the opportunity have win this ball!! Good luck everyone!

striker12
04-23-2012, 09:36 AM
i would love to have this ball for it to be my first storm ball

martin
04-23-2012, 10:34 PM
wow another great giveaway

kb90
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
another very nice high-performance bowling ball

MICHAEL
04-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Would give up my virginity to own a Vivid Bowling Ball! It might be what I need to get that 300 game. I just started bowling two years ago at age 61. Have had
some close calls, 258, 268, 289, and last june 11 2011 a 298! 11 strikes in a role, then 8 pens, a little low in the pocket... geeee..... I have a host of physical ailments,
including RA, that I fight with all natural means including bowling! Love the sport, and have NOW a great appreciation of the skill involved, and equipment! Please
give me a Vivid! Then if I hit that allusive 300 game using the Vivid, I will sing the praise of its glory to all I know!!

MICHAEL
04-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I can see in my minds eye very VIVID ly that this ball was created to help this old broken down Cowboy in the sky, (X ironworker), get that 300 game! Please Jesus hear my prayer, and give this old bowler a gift that keeps on rolling!!

MICHAEL
04-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Vivid ly a dream came to me last night! It was me and the Vivid Bowling Ball. I was in the inbetween place, between Heaven and the place of fire. It was a last chance to
redeem myself, and cleans and purify my soul in regards to heaven. I was given the choice of several bowling balls, and the stipulation was that I had to bowl a 300 game!
There they were over a hundred different colors, weights, and flavors! Michael the Arc-Angle hands me the Vivid,,,,, I remember this vividly! It felt so right, like a part of me
and extension of my arm/hand! I threw the ball down the lanes and it destroyed the pins...... all ten!! This happend every time I threw this heavenly made bowling ball.
Long story short, after the smoke cleared, and all the burnt smell of destroyed pins were gone, I had that game,,, the 300!

MICHAEL
04-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Now that I am in heaven, I have found out that there is no bowling unless one uses the Vivid Bowling Machine!! Please, if I win, send me Air Mail, the Vivid bowling ball!
I am sorry I would not be able to pay postage, no need of money here! My grand mother was right!! She would always say that during and electrical storm the thunder was
angles bowling in heaven... Well I am no angle, but for some reason that's the case. The lord only allows us to bowl at that time! God, if I only had a Vivid, I could show these two winged critters a thing or two, maybe even 300!

striker12
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
soo by looking at jamau post the vivid did really well for him know i want one adn see if i can do just as good as he did or better but that wont happen with out the ball.

JaMau24
04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
soo by looking at jamau post the vivid did really well for him know i want one adn see if i can do just as good as he did or better but that wont happen with out the ball.

Ya, it's awesome. Bowled another great game today with it (267). I have it drilled very aggressive and it has a very sharp back-end hook to it. I feel like it reads my mind the way I put it out there and it just finds it way to the pocket. It smells awesome too. Good luck to everyone.

striker12
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM
lol nice yeah i want to get one but dont got no money to buy it soo i hope i win it here cause it would go great.

i like they it smells great too lol( thats a priceless line lol)

billf
04-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Striker, you keep posting how dry your alley is and if so, what the heck would you do with a Vivid?! Come to think of it, how the heck are you using a HRR on it??!!

striker12
04-28-2012, 08:58 AM
my bowling allie is not always dry once and awhile it is cause they just oil the lanes other then the friday befor it and then u got 2 cosmo bowling soging on till 1pm on friday and saturday but its just how i bowl, i can throw the same line on any condition with the HRR sometime i move left abit but if the lanes are dry i throw it kinda fast close to 18-19mph but when there oil i get it down to 15-16mph but i also have the c300 freeze just in chance i dont feel like throwing the ball fast that day.

but next year i will be switching bowling allies to one that that is been in good condtion and works well for me and also they always oil the lanes befor a league jsut come in cause everytime i have gone up there they where always oiling the

got_a_300
04-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Striker, you keep posting how dry your alley is and if so, what the heck would you do with a Vivid?! Come to think of it, how the heck are you using a HRR on it??!!

Striker must be using what we around here call the TOTP & TISF strategy
throw on the polish & throw it super fast when throwing the ball on
dry lanes. :D

striker12
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
got a 300 i keep it sanded no need for polish just have to do alit of a loft and it will give same effects as a polish ball will cause u cut off part of the lane it seem to be working well for me thats why i have kept 1st all season long and still 1st for the playoffs untill tomorrow will find out cant let 2 people beat me by 50 pins soo i will take 2nd or 3rd

got_a_300
04-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Good luck in the playoffs Striker maybe you will hold onto first place.

striker12
04-28-2012, 05:55 PM
yeah thanks i found my rythum in the end of the 2nd game and in teh 3rd just have to keep controll for the 1st game and part of the 3rd but im probly going to tyr to get to the bowling allie abit earlyer to get a warmup game in soo i will have my rythum in the 2nd game but i jsut have to do what i do best bowl and make sur ei hit all my spares this weak im going to try for that 700 series

billf
04-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Same line wet or dry with the HRR? We have around the same speeds, I don't loft much and there is no way I can play both inside and outside with my unpolished HRR. Truthfully, on a 40' house pattern I can't use it past practice. The HRR I have drilled pin up and put 7 coats of polish on over 4000 abralon, I use that on the house pattern for two games. Dry lanes, forget it. Just to test your post I went today on the dry lanes and tried it. At 22mph I still had to loft the left gutter cap. My left foot started at the 18 board...of the lane to my left! These are old, wood lanes so maybe that's the difference but that post seems a little exaggerated (unless I just translated all the grammar/typos incorrectly).
I can go a lot faster but I want my shoulder attached when I hit social security age.

striker12
04-28-2012, 08:48 PM
yeah billf i cant go on the ouside eather it hurts my shold soo i cross boards but when you where doing abit of a loft where u unday the ball or behind it cause when i get dry lane i stay behind the ball cause ik the HRR with move soo i dont have to do much to it all i do is instead of coming up the side of the ball i come up more behind it soo it reduces everything on the shot the revs, axis tilt,and axis roation and it seem to be working great for me but it also took me some time to learn too but my c300 freeze helped me out there by finding on dry lanes a way not to make the freeze move at all.

but yeah i normaly dont exceed over 18-19mph cause any faster and i will end up fliping my wrist cause of timing it takes alot of practice on dry lanes but here the best time to go in on saturdays during cosmo cause u can see the arrows abit but not much soo u have to use memorie but also they dont oil the lanes on sat cause only the little kid juniors bowl on sat and on friday there 2 eague 1 at 12pm and 1 at 6pm then also they got the cosmo bowling on friday night too and friday night is msot packed,

soo i go up and try out new shots and new times untill i got this shot witch works best for heavy oiled and flat dry lanes, but atleast know i dont get mad in bowling anymore cause ik how to resolve it.

striker12
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
now i can say i wish i had this vivid cause i could of drilled it pin up cause the oil today was every 3 boards it went oil- then dry- oil - then dry all the way across and i could not figure outwhat type of shot to do cause i would do my shot that i do on oil and it gose in the dry and voer hooks but when i do my shot for dryer lanes it gose into the oil and only hooks alittle and not much that i had to get out my other kinetic pearl in the 3rd game when i had my dad run home and get it for me and had to loft it half way down the lane and right up midle,

worst week ever lost 1st palce in playoffs (i think) i might have a chance too keep 1st but its really low soo i really would lvoe to have this vivid for next year league and the summer league im going to be in for more practice, and better games

striker12
04-29-2012, 11:14 PM
please pick me for the ball i would really love it and it would be my first storm ball, people have told me how good storm is and the vivid(jamau) lol but then i have heard people say that storm is not that good cause they have not been able to do that well with it before sooo im kinda stuck in the midle of a yes and no war but i want to try one out for my self but storm balls kinda pricey

martin
05-01-2012, 10:02 PM
who won this?

billf
05-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Not me :(

BowlingBoards.com
05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Congrats to dgz924s for being selected as the winner of the Storm Vivid! A private message has been sent to the winner. Good luck to everyone in next week's giveaway!

dgz924s
05-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Many thanks to all at BowlingBoards.com! Perfect addition to my one ball arsenal! Once I get it and have the chance to test drive it I will post a review. All I need now is for Storm to guarantee a perfect series!!:D

martin
05-02-2012, 10:39 PM
congrats dgz924s :D