PDA

View Full Version : Image posting issue

dgz924s
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
This has happened twice. I tried to post an image and it uploaded ok but once I click preview post to make sure all is ok I cannot return to add to the post and if I hit the back button I get "this webpage has expired". Then I start over by reloading the forum page and try to re post it will not allow me to post, no cursor blinking so I can't write at all. Almost as if one were blocked from commenting. Never have seen such thing so it must be me doing something wrong, any clue on how to go about this.

I am now permanently unable to post on 2 different threads/topics......Thanks in advance!

bowl1820
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
this a test posting using just from url with retrieve unchecked . ok
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/RCA_Indian_Head_test_pattern.JPG/312px-RCA_Indian_Head_test_pattern.JPG

adding test test to this post. ok

now trying edit post. okay

adding another image from url with retrieve checked. ok

test upload from computer

bowl1820
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
This has happened twice. I tried to post an image and it uploaded ok but once I click preview post to make sure all is ok I cannot return to add to the post and if I hit the back button I get "this webpage has expired". Then I start over by reloading the forum page and try to re post it will not allow me to post, no cursor blinking so I can't write at all. Almost as if one were blocked from commenting. Never have seen such thing so it must be me doing something wrong, any clue on how to go about this.

I am now permanently unable to post on 2 different threads/topics......Thanks in advance!

I tried some tests and it seems to be working okay.

After hitting preview, you should be able to just scroll down to the edit window to continue working on the post. No need to hit the back button.

dgz924s
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok thanks I will give it another try provided I am not still locked out from replying to the thread post.

dgz924s
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Nope did not work. Can't even do a quick reply. When I click the box to bring up my cursor to begin typing the cursor does not appear/blink. Also the tool bar above the area for posting a reply is missing: i.e Switch editor to....Bold, Italics, underline.....Font size etc.

The thread is on Shovelling if that helps any. I am sure it is an isolated issue as others can/have posted. So I am at a loss.

dgz924s
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Update...I was able to post using the advance button, only the quick reply is disabled. I am good to go for the 2 threads this is an issue. All others I can use quick reply. Thanks for the help

bowl1820
04-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Update...I was able to post using the advance button, only the quick reply is disabled. I am good to go for the 2 threads this is an issue. All others I can use quick reply. Thanks for the help

I took a look at the shoveling post, its working okay here. I had a similar problem on another site, you might try clearing your cache and cookies. So the page will reload fresh.

dgz924s
04-24-2012, 08:52 PM
I can do that. Thought logging out then in would do it but not so. Which now I am trying to figure out how to stay logged in. Had it once but lost that too:) Murphys law I guess...thnx