PDA

View Full Version : Does it give you more rev's to have a Ball drill with

MICHAEL
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
If you drill a ball fingertip, with a wider distance between the thumb and two middle fingers... say to where just the tip of your thumb, down to the first joint
is located, does this force more rev's. I have strong hands, and was wondering if this would get the thumb out more quickly, and maybe force more rev's on the ball. I am trying like heck to get so big rev's on the ball, but at best, its just average.

billf
04-28-2012, 09:51 PM
All of the people I know that have tried this have actually seen a decrease in rev rate

MICHAEL
04-28-2012, 10:03 PM
thanks!! that saves me a plug hole!!

striker12
04-28-2012, 11:13 PM
ok i say this if you get a thumb to the midle join then your thumb will be bent and you will end up squeeing the ball cause it can not just sit on your hand but if you want to move the thumb farther away like say for righty's to the right to creat more revs u will want to move the thumb abit closer to the fingers soo u can get it in all the way even thought u make the revs on a ball with your fingers if you put your thumb abit to the right of the fingers u will get your hand more under the ball.

take a look at mike fagons layout his thumb is like almost streght across from his fingers and it helps him creat more revs also helps him cause of his high back swing and power.

J Anderson
04-29-2012, 08:49 AM
One of the comments that frequently appears here is that the harder you try to put revs on the ball, the fewer you get. I mean those times when you get up on the approach and tell yourself that you're gonna crank the heck out of the ball, despite all the extra effort you wind up with less revs.

Some people seem to be naturally blessed (cursed if they can't learn to control it) with high revs. The rest of us need to work on a bunch of little things that help to increase the rev rate. Ron Clifton's site, Bowl4fun, is a good place to start.

bowl1820
04-29-2012, 09:11 AM
take a look at mike fagons layout his thumb is like almost streght across from his fingers and it helps him creat more revs also helps him cause of his high back swing and power.

Mike Fagan has A ton of rev's to begin with! He doesn't need to increase them.

The grip he's been using is the Sarge Easter grip, he went to it because of pain in his hand.

It doesn't increase rev's, But it can reduce revs while still maintaining lots of power. But theres a caveat at first the Sarge Easter grip will reduce rev's, but as you get use to it your rev's can go back up.

Sarge Easter Grip- This is where the middle finger is drilled as a fingertip style, while the ring finger is set up as a conventional grip.

--O

Here's a pic of a sarge easter grip
http://www.brunsnick.com/images/sarge.jpg