PDA

View Full Version : VG Nano Pearl Question

Gatorbait724
05-02-2012, 05:31 AM
I have both the Nano and Nano Pearl. I've had no problems throwing the nano, but my pearl falls right off my hand. I mean, every time I throw it! I tried the Storm thunder tape on my thumb. Thought maybe my thumb hole was too big. Nope, still falls right off!

My question, could it be a problem with the drilling or core? I've never had this problem with a ball before so it's pretty crazy.

I can take a picture of both drillings if anyone needs to see it later on.

bowl1820
05-02-2012, 07:55 AM
My question, could it be a problem with the drilling or core? I've never had this problem with a ball before so it's pretty crazy.

I can take a picture of both drillings if anyone needs to see it later on.

Well first the core doesn't have anything to do with dropping a ball.

The thing to look at is your grip, check and see if the pearl grip is the same as Nano.Have did you change the thumb pitch? Too much reverse can cause dropping. Do you have thumbslugs? If so the same kind.

The Mayor
05-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Exactly what bowl said, it has to be an issue with the grip. Thumb pitch is the most likely culprit. Did the same person drill both bowling balls and were they supposed to be identical?

jaydee
05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Check the span and the thumb pitch. Likely either the span is too long, or too much reverse pitch, or some sort of combination of the two.

Core would have nothing to do with it, both balls use the same core anyway.

MICHAEL
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Of Core (sa) not!! I had to say it!!

Gatorbait724
05-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Of Core (sa) not!! I had to say it!!

Yeah, after I posted it figured it was stupid to say Core haha... Took it to the pro shop and got the thumb insert pulled and put in a better one.. I'll give it a shot later today and see how it does!

Sadly though I ended up buying yet another bowling ball, as they had a sale today :rolleyes: Got myself a Storm Reign Supreme...